Name this toy!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 31, 2007.

1. ferrickhead28

ferrickhead28 Well-Known Member

So my 4th grader wants this toy, something called a "Weebkin"? There is a store in downtown Clayton that apparently sells them.

Any idea?

I want to get her a little first week of school suprise and I thought this would be cute.

Thanks! :)

2. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I think you mean a Webkin-stuffed animals with a code so you can go online and create homes and "take care" of them.

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

They also have them at the Annex. I would check there too.

4. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They are "Webkinz" and they are very fun for the younger set, little stuffed animals...........DS has 4 and I just bought one for my neice for her birthday. The Hallmark store at White Oak has them, and the Cleveland Emporium Gift Store ususally does too. They go online with a code that comes with them, they name them, have to take care of them, furnish houses and yards for them............keeps 'em entertained! And it's somewhat educational, they have games to play to earn "KinsKash" they use to fund the activities.

5. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Sound cute - I'll have to check these out whenever I stops at White Oak. I think my child will like it.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

There is a lot of reading and math involved (and budgeting!), and the questions on a lot of the games are school related. I have to give it two thumbs up. My niece got one while she was here a few weeks ago, her older brother was making fun of her for it, till he started watching her play on the website......................then a couple days later, he got one and is "hooked" too, LOL!

7. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Cool! Do you know how much they're selling for? How big are they? Are they furry or just a little pocket thingy kind?

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

They are smallish, like Beanie Baby sized. There are two sizes, the smaller ones are around $11, I paid $13.99 for a horse one last night, it's a little bigger. They are just little stuffed animals. We have a pug, a frog, a cat and one other one, can't think what it is. DS could sure tell you. I saw polar bears, koala bears, a Pegasus, all kinds of different ones at White Oak last night. You won't find them at Walmart or anything like that, only at "gifty" or specialty stores.

9. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

My neighbors little girl has 8 of them.. they are adorable.. ofcourse I love her Panda bear one! BUT.. she was showing me them on the Webkinz website, where she can interract with them online, and once you do your "adoption" online with the looney Ms.Birdy, it expires in a year. What are these kids gonna do with these when the year is up, they just become another stuffed animal in the closet?? My neighbors little girl is kind of upset about this, shes spent her own money on 5 of the 8, and she's not happy that in a years time she will lose part of her "online" Webkinz family.

10. Southernborn

Southernborn Well-Known Member

My daughter has one, she bought it with her own money and we got it at the beach.

http://www.webkinz.com/

according to the website in Clayton they are here:

ANNEX[​IMG]8969 CLEVELAND RDCLAYTONNC27520919.934.5036
    FANCY THAT[​IMG]227 E MAIN STCLAYTONNC27520919.550.2946

Garner here:

LITTLE STEPPING STONES[​IMG]61 TECHNOLOGY DRGARNERNC27529919.779.3800
    PEGGY'S HALLMARK[​IMG]233 SHENSTONE LANEGARNERNC27529919.329.0991
    PETALS HEARTS FLORIST[​IMG]5584 HWY 42 WGARNERNC27529919.772.9892

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007
  11. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

The first time I have heard of these was when I was the Jersey shore this summer. Apparently they are very popular with young kids. I think its working its way up here :)

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, hadn't thought of that. I didn't figure his interest would last that long, but I could be wrong.

13. ferrickhead28

OH cool!!!
    Thanks everyone! She will be excited. All the kids in her class are talking about them so she wanted to check it out. :)

14. Gabi

Gabi Member

webkinz

My daughter has 2 and every time you purchase a new webkinz and add it to the existing account, it extends the account to a year from that point, so if you buy one every six months your webkinz family will still be there.

Everyone in our family has one, I have a frog and it's a lot of fun. We can all go to Webkinz website and log on and play together and go to each other houses. You can even play games together.

They even have to take their pets to the vet to get check ups. The kids can "chat" using preset questions with preset answers (ie. how are you today?, answer: fine, great, sad, bored, etc.) so that no personal information can be exchanged and the idiots that prey on children cannot give or get any information.

As a parent I think they are great and as a kid at heart I have had fun with it too.

Have a great day!

15. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

It sounds like a tangible neopet.

:?:

16. froggerplus

froggerplus Well-Known Member

My daughter loves hers..she has 3 now and I have one. We did this so that if she's online playing (and I know it) we can "visit" each other. It's another way to have special time since we're not together anymore. It's also educational and VERY secure. I like it for her.

Please, if you want one/some, get them from Little Stepping Stones.

Any profit the Ganz company sends to the center is 100% reinvested in the summer program for the school-aged kids.

Frogger

(No, I don't get anything for recommending them, just know it goes for the kids and not into some shop owner's pocket. A way to reinvest in the community and the kids while making your child happy too!)

17. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

18. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

I hear too that kids love them. I also hear that the kids get addicted to playing on the computer with them. Sounds really cute. My kids have yet to say anything to me about them. They just got new bikes so they are constantly outside playing for now. Now that they are back in school they may start to hear about them.

19. ferrickhead28

Anyone have kids on Club Penquin?

http://www.clubpenguin.com

Its a hit at my house! :)

Remember when Barbie was cool?
    Kids just have it made these days!

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

LOL! DS and I "argue" over whose turn it is at the computer..............I'm going to have to get a laptop so that he can have this one soon.

Yes, he does go outside and play too, and does his homework...............8)