National Alliance on Mental Illness Walk

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by VivianS, Apr 9, 2010.

1. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Only 21 days until NAMI Walks in Raleigh! If anyone is interested in joining or supporting your Johnston County chapter of NAMI here is the link: http://www.nami.org/walkTemplate.cfm?section=NAMIWALKS&template=/customsource/namiwalks/teampage.cfm&teamID=17907

This is the weekly email message from Susan King-Cope the Walk Manager:
    If you didn't participate in last year's Walk, you missed out on a great day! Not only was the weather perfect, but we had the largest crowd yet with just under 800 walkers, exhibitors, and volunteers!

This year our goal is to have 1,000 Walkers and lots of fun for all. We will have free food and drinks, and slushies by TGI Friday's. And kids of all ages will enjoy bouncing on the TumbleBus and getting their face painted by Zoe the Clown. Also we will have Rainbow the Clown and balloon animal art at the Walk!! What a great photo -1000 folks with blue and gold balloon crowns, dogs, and giraffe's on their heads!! I cannot wait!

This year - I am thrilled that we will have a band (thank you NAMI Moore County Members!) entertain us after the Walk so bring your favorite Tailgate goodies and plan to stay a little longer!

So, if you are not sure if you want to Walk this year or if Walking doesn't sound like all that much fun - we hope you will see that our Walk is only a small portion of the day....the Walk is about celebration, about recovery about reaching out to those we love and sharing our stories.

Hope to see you at the Walk on May 1st!

I hope all of you who's lives have been touched by mental illness wether it be yourself, a loved one, friend, or neighbor, will consider joining the walk!

2. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

Bump!

Did you know that April is Autism Awareness Month? One of the people I will be walking for is my nephew that is Autistic. Join the walk and help raise awareness!:)