NC 50 & 1010 (Cleveland School Rd)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, Jan 23, 2020.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

They are removing all the trees where Clev School rd branches off from NC 50. (Across from Stevens Oaks )
    Anyone know if something new is going in, or land owner just selling timber?

2. Just heard over the weekend that a Circle K gas station is going at that intersection.

3. markfnc

that's good. no gas that side of rd between 50 and 70. tough to get back on 50 in morning, when you've crossed over to sheetz etc

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I think I had heard or read somewhere that M Durwood Stephenson Highway was going to be continued across 70 (through shopping center) and connect to where 210 and 1010 meet. Has anyone else heard that?

5. markfnc

looking at map, that is a simple solution that would make getting from clev area into Smithfield a bit easier.

6. ricks99

ricks99 Well-Known Member

7. lawnboy

lawnboy Well-Known Member

This is the 540 interchange...

8. markfnc

No. 540 is further north on 50. this is the gas station.

9. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

There's a new For Sale sign on this property.

If I remember correctly, this property (at 50/Cleveland School) was purchased and identified as a future Circle K well before the one at 42/Old Drug Store was purchased (edit to correct: there was only about a month difference between identifying these two sites). Then the one at 42/ODS was built up and this one sat vacant. I figured they were just waiting for NC-540 to come closer to completion.

But now there's a For Sale sign, so I guess maybe Circle K changed their mind about building here?

markfnc likes this.