NC RALLY TO SPEAK ABOUT DOG ABUSE JULY 18TH

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by 1_more_PitBull, Jul 15, 2007.

1. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

An important public hearing will take place in Raleigh, NC at the State Fairgrounds on Wednesday, July 18 at 10am.

Anyone who cares about the fight of homeless animals in our state needs to be there if at all possible.

Some animal welfare supporters will bring PAPER CHAINS, with a link for each animal killed at their local animal shelter yearly. You can find the statistics for your shelter at this link
    http://www.epi.state.nc.us/epi/vet/pdf/snreport2005.pdf.

This is a hearing for comments on new rules for animal shelters, which have been published and will soon become part of our state law. Much of the rules deal with gas chambers, which are still approved after many complaints. Gas chambers are inhumane and should not be used to kill animals. There is also a new rule allowing other "Extreme" methods of killing, without specifying what they are! Your taxes are paying for it.

Wake up, North Carolina. The animals are suffering and they need you. Come to Raleigh on July 18 and get on the list to speak.

PLEASE COME AND SPEAK OUT AGAINST GAS CHAMBERS AND OTHER INHUMANE KILLING IN OUR SHELTERS. Please make a paper chain with a link for each of the thousands of unwanted animals killed yearly in your community. Those chains can be joined together at the hearing.

The animals cannot speak for themselves. They need your support.

To get on a list to speak, call (919)733-7125 extension 233 for Gail Rothstein, or extension 238 for David McLeod.

Public Hearing:
    Date: July 18, 2007
    Time: 10:00 a.m.
    Location: Martin Building, State Fairgrounds, 1025 Blue Ridge Blvd., Raleigh, NC

Link to new proposed rules:
    http://www.oah.state.nc.us/rules/register/
    Issue 01 - 07/02/2007 [pdf] [doc]

2. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I wish I could be there, got to work today..seems like every Sunday I have had to work...let me know how it goes. I"m always intrested in stuff like this and ways to try and help...Email me if you like. I'm always busy with my regular job as well, and then Partylite too...so my time is short..but I like to try to help if I can. Oh yeah if you know of anyone that is in needs of funds to help their rescue ect..let me know..cause I do fundraising.
    Thanks and keep me posted on the out come today.
    Sheri

3. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. This should be posted on "Cat Dog" forum. But I guess you knew this because you posted there also.

4. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I'm taking this with me July 18 to the hearing at the Fair grounds. Please help me out and get as many people as we can to sign this before then. Pass this along, by Myspace or Email.

Cynthia

http://www.petitiononline.com/JC4NC/petition.html

LOST SOUL

[This was written about a dog in the Johnson County Pound, Smithfield, North Carolina. Gas chambers are still used in several Virginia counties.]

Hello. My name is "Lost Soul" and I'm a stray mutt mix who was found by an animal control officer when I was trying to find food in somebody's garbage can. I'm starving, skinny and scared. I'm 3 years old, and my whole life was spent chained to a tree. My owner moved and just let me run free. I'm not that beautiful. I'm a black lab mix like most of the other "prisoners" at the shelter. Most people will pass me by because of my emaciated body and skin problems. I know it's time for me to go to heaven and I accept this. I just wish I could die a peaceful death with a shot. But no, I will die in the GAS CHAMBER in Johnston County, NC. I will be put in a box with many other dogs and locked in. I will be scared and start to cry. I hope none of the other dogs get mad and start to attack me, which is very common in this situation. I will start to breathe in the gas and I will feel my eyes and mouth burn and I will start howling. I will take my little nose and put it to the bottom of the grate to try to catch some fresh air. This isn't working, Oh God, Please Help, I can't breathe! I'm vomiting, dizzy and starting to black out and convulse. I hear the other "lost souls" scream and some blood is splattered on me because I'm pawing to get out...and I cut the pads on my paws off. Oh my God, this hurts and I'm so scared! I'm wondering why I have to die this way?? All I ever wanted was a family to love and warm lap to sit on!! Why do convicted murderers on death row get a shot, but I have to die in a GAS CHAMBER? I wish I could die with a shot, with a vet holding me and rubbing my ear telling me everything will be okay. I would die with some dignity and not defecate or urinate on myself. I better give in to the gas and go to heaven now, for if I don't die, they will put me in the gas chamber and do it again. I can't wait to get to heaven and have all the angels rub my belly and give me kisses.

Please rescue a dog or cat before they are gassed...Please call the news or newspapers and tell them that you don't want your tax money used for the GAS CHAMBER.

(link for the above http://animalliberationfront.com/Saints/Authors/Poetry/Pets Plea.htm)

5. tawiii

tawiii Guest

There really are no rules as to which forum things are posted.

6. Clif

Clif Guest

You mean like dog fights and cock fights?

Homeless animals should get a haircut and a job and stop living off the public dole.

Please describe humane methods of killing in our shelters. After all, just complaining isn't enough. You must have a solution.

How about parrots and myna birds? They can speak. I've also seen reports of apes like Koko who can speak through sign language.

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

How about parrots and myna birds? They can speak. I've also seen reports of apes like Koko who can speak through sign language.[/QUOTE]

Being that I'm a parrot owner, not all parrots talk and the ones that do, learn from us...
    Sheri

8. Clif

Clif Guest

Not all humans talk either.

The same could be said for children. Where else would they learn human language from?

And before you tell me that they are just mimicking human speech, let me introduce you to ALEX.

9. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

*sigh*

10. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

:? who double posted. I am a little confused here. As usual.

11. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

My time is to valuable to waste on people who shouldn't have pets to begin with. Y'all really take things to far.

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Clif you made pepsi burn my nostrils!!! Take it ease!!! I can laugh but so much

13. WillSpanker

WillSpanker Well-Known Member

devilock76 wrote
    Well,there's still money matters,the school news,pc help desk and last but
    most important The Recipe section
    So post on:lol: :lol:

14. TheAntHillMob

TheAntHillMob Active Member

I don't see the humor in this post
    Am I missing something?
    Thank you 1 more pitbull for bringing this to our attention
    What a vile way to kill our companion animals

15. Clif

Clif Guest

They are not "companion animals" (non-pc word: "pets"), they are homeless animals.

And, as I asked before, what are acceptable ways to kill?

What is your alternative?

Would you have the SPCA open the cages and let them run free to fend for themselves? Starvation and rabies are a much harsher death than gassing.

Would you take funding from welfare or medicaid to fund SPCA until these animals die of natural causes? Which child would you deny care for in an effort to care for an animal?

16. Clif

Clif Guest

On the surface I would agree.

However, there are two problems with that...

1. What happens if I change my mind at a later time?

2. Do you really think the Furbys will allow such a violation of the animals' basic human rights? (yes, I know what I said)

17. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

It's a shame people like this can't be as passionate about homeless and needy children. Surely they're all vegetarians?

18. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Based on how the welfare system is abused it might could stand to lose some funding.

Craig

19. TheAntHillMob

Actually, animals are not my "cause"
    My cause is drunk driving.

Just because my "cause" is drunk driving, doesn't make me mad at the thought of these COMPANION animals gassed.

People who treat or think of animals like you people do, are the people that my mother warned me about.

20. TheAntHillMob

How bout a shot like Lost Soul wanted?