Need a contractor

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Okay, we've spoken w/ the bank and plan to tackle a huge renovation. No small task. Lots of remodeling mixed w/ new construction. Permits will be needed for this project for sure. So, we are looking for someone via recommendations so we can start getting estimates. I would appreciate some recommendations from people who have done a massive renovation. We do NOT want a rush job. That's how we ended up w/ crooked bricks from the last batch of contractors. URGHH. So, we want someone who knows what they are doing and that has a crew that knows what they are doing. I will say this project is not small, has many facets to it, and is both outside and inside work. We are open to ideas from those working w/ us. We are not dead set on one thing or another. So, please give some suggestions on folks that have done quality work. We will be getting quite a few estimates as it is such a huge job. Thanks for any input you all may have.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

2. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

3. RealityWorkouts

RealityWorkouts Well-Known Member

Home Revision LLC http://www.myhomerevision.com/

Gold AND Silver Winners in the Star Remodeling Awards 2010 for Best Kitchen under $31,000.

John and Jaimie are great people and very professional. John did a small exterior job for me earlier this year.

Ph: 919-585-4361 Cell: 919-631-0557

4. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! Already started contacting a few & do believe we'll find someone out of the above. Thanks for the suggestions & can't wait to get started.

Stephanie-- mom to 7 (soon to be 10!!!)

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Tony Carroll, of Carroll Construction. Built ours, and we'd choose him any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Never found a better, more conscientious builder.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Remedy Construction out of Clayton does great work! I know those guys personally. ;) Very knowledgeable with YEARS of experience. Very family-oriented and most importantly, honest.

7. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Emk construction 919-625-4629
    Tieman Contracting 919-902-0539
    Atkins Construction 919-235-8792

All are fantastic & experienced in remodels!

8. HXCforCHRIST

HXCforCHRIST Well-Known Member

Triangle Builders, LLC
    GC- Alan Larson- (919) 320-6942
    Does a Fantastic Job. Not only takes his time to finish the job right but isn't in just for the money but a quality product. He will take extra time to make sure the project is finished correctly. We have used him for multiple projects and will remain faithful to his company for future projects. PM for more info