Need a Pup!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Jan 17, 2011.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I am trying to help my mother in law find herself a new fur baby...

she lost her beloved Pomeranian (sp?) last year and mentioned to me that she would like for me to help her find a new fur baby to love, she is ready.

I am in search of something along the lines of either another Pom, or something with...Don't laugh too hard...."Poo" in it...LOL!
    I know it is really hard not to jump all over that...

She is looking for the Pom a Poo, snoodle, LITTLE DOG!

She is hoping for a dog that will not be much bigger than about 20lbs or so...

Any help you guys could give me as to where to find a dog for my mother in law would be great!
    I have two fur babies of my own, and will be in the market for a Male German Shepherd soon...but gotta find mama her new baby first...

Thanks so much!
    (not really sure where to look)
    NO PUPPY MILLS!

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

3. FrameMaMa

Great website!
    Thanks so much!
    I would certainly much rather adopt than get one from a breeder...
    Hope she falls in love with one!

Thanks!8)

4. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Another great website and is rescue is

Saving Grace in Wake Forest ... www.savinggracenc.org

She mainly has smaller dogs. The rescue fee is a bit higher then the norm BUT comes fully vetted, and plus if went to breeder you'd still pay double that without anything.

Anyhow - check it out, doesn't hurt to look. They're based in Wake Forest area.

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

http://www.pawprintsrescue.org/dogs_puppies.html

they have ALL types of puppies/ dogs on there. We brought our two home from there back at the very end of November. We couldn't be more pleased. Please check them out. All kinds of sizes. Best wishes in finding a new pet. Dogs bring so much joy.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

6. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

Saving Grace

We just brought home a wonderful dog from Saving Grace about a week ago, and we couldn't be happier. She is gorgeous, in great health, and temperament tested well at Lucky Paws this past Saturday. Saving Grace rescues dogs from high-kill shelters that seem to temperament test well for them, nurse them to health, and then put the cutest pics of them on their website for adoption. My neighbor also has a dog from Saving Grace and couldn't be more pleased.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  7. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

8. FrameMaMa

So many gorgeous faces to choose from!!!

My husband is gonna shoot me, bet I bring home a new family member...:lol:

9. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:
    I don't even want to look at them otherwise I'd be doing the same thing ;)

10. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

They are good, one of my best friends foster with them, she has some great husky puppies right now, my daughter begged me for one of them. lol..nope not getting another dog, much less a big one..anyways..they should have some on their site I'm sure. The are great to work with.
    Sheri

11. rushlow2004

i just went and looked and they have postings of those husky mixes, look at those eyes, my daughter played all day with them yesterday.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

also check out the Johnston County Animal Shelter

13. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I saw them and oooh, tempting. But, with 2 pups, I think we'll stop. If I look any more, I may end up w/ just as many pups as I have kids. LOL. No way! They are awesome to work w/ though. LOVE, LOVE our puppies.

Stephanie-- mom to 7

14. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

I am fostering a puppy that she might be interested in. Her name is Annie Oakley and she is a rat terrier/Chihuahua mix. She's about 9 pounds and 6 months old. She's a doll!

We will be at Petco in Cary on Saturday from 11-2 if she'd like to come meet Annie. Her info is here: http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17407958

Her little brothers are also available at that website. Their names are Jesse James and Pistol Pete. They are a little smaller than Annie, and I'm not sure if they'll be there this weekend because they were neutered today.

Let me know if you need more info or pictures.

15. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

16. rushlow2004

yeah I'm with you there, I have 3 small dogs and this would be a big dog. If my fence was done I might think about it, but I'm spread so thin as it is. lol. With the 3 dogs and 4 cats and 6 parrots..I'm done.
    Sheri

17. FrameMaMa

I showed her some of these pics and she is going to stop by the Petco in Cary, and see about giving another sweet pup a forever home! :hurray:

Any pup that she gets will be spoiled rotten, she even makes boiled chicken and rice for her dogs and then gives them regular dog food to keep their diets in order...she loves her babies that's fur sure8)

Thank you all for the great suggestions!
    Now I have to go see if my hubby will let me adopt one of these gorgeous babies....teehee