Need advice about YMCA

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pcgeek, May 17, 2012.

1. pcgeek

pcgeek Active Member

I am thinking about summer camp for my kids at YMCA. I am trying decide if I should try the YMCA in Clayton or Garner. Has anyone on here sent their kids to either one of these YMCA locations. If so what are the pros or cons of the places. Thanks in advance.

2. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

My son attended the one in Clayton and enjoyed it quite a bit. I know a few other parents who have sent their kids there and did not have any issues.

3. mparkins7103

mparkins7103 Well-Known Member

This will be my sons 3rd yr at the Clayton YMCA summer camp...I have never had any issues or heard of any...he is 7 1/2 and loves it!

4. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

My kids have attended a few weeks each summer at the Clayton YMCA. I'm not planning to sign them up this year because they didn't seem to enjoy it as much last year. The main drawback to me was that there weren't enough "adults" to kids ratio. I say "adults" because I think there were mostly teens and college kids in charge.

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

My kids grew up in YMCA summer camps in Clayton. Never had any issues. Still friends with some of their counselors after all these years.

6. pcgeek

pcgeek Active Member

Thank you so much for your input.

7. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

Mine too, from elementary school up through middle school. I never considered having him go anywhere else. The Y offers a great program, they keep the kids busy while teaching team work, self confidence and motivation to strive to better themselves. The staff are always up beat, happy and really enjoy the kids. Many do form bonds with them and yes, as KellBell said, we run into some of them locally and they still can call me and my son by name, and always asks what going on with him after 2.5 years of him not being there anymore. That says a lot to me about their caring.

8. Wufpack99

Wufpack99 Guest

How old are your kids? Any interest in martial arts? I know TFTC academy is having a martial arts summer camp if you feel like checking it out. My little one loves the kids class. www.tftcacademy.com will give you their number. Good luck.

9. JPinJOCO

JPinJOCO Well-Known Member

YMCA

No worries about either because the YMCA of Garner and Clayton are one in the same now. My son loved it and some weeks are sports camps if you want to do that. Family nights are great too.