Need advice - should I get bangs?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Nov 19, 2009.

1. I haven't had bangs in years and I'm thinking about going with a long bang like the picture. Does anyone have bangs like these in the picture? If so, how hard is it to maintain? My hair is long and has long layers similar to Carrie's (but never looks that good :x). Right now, my shortest layer is below ear level (like the layer you see that frames her face. Should I go with bangs? Or too much maintenance?

[​IMG]

2. ARodrigues

ARodrigues Well-Known Member

I have bangs like that..I either wear them like the picture, or straight down..If I comb them straight down, they hang in the eyes a little, but my husband likes it.

I have wavy hair..just wavy enough to mess it up, so I use a flat iron to straighten the bangs in the morning. I would say they are low maintenance. Bangs aren't just for young girls anymore if you wear them right..

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Whew! At first I thought the title thread said Should I get Banged? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I say try it and if you don't like it grow it back out...... it's just hair.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

me too, lol! :lol: and :iagree:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I've had bangs all my life. Got a widows peak and can't stand it so there you go. But they are right, it's "just" hair, it grows back. I tell my hairdresser that whenever she wants to do something different. Go for it!

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I just can't stand hair in my eyes. And on windy days bangs are annoying, they frizz up on humid days, oh whatever, they will grow back. Give it a try and see what you think. Good Luck!

7. OH no!!! I would have to pretty bad off to ask if I should get banged! LOL - I'm sure I'd get "banned" as well. :lol:

I'm getting my hair done Monday. Thanks for all the advice. I'll ask my hairdresser too what she thinks. My hair is very wavy and I also have to straighten with a flat iron sometimes. I can see those bangs frizzin' up! :lol: If only I had Carrie Underwood's stylist to do my hair everyday.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

similar... :lol::lol:

9. Pickle

Pickle Well-Known Member

I call mine bangtox.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I wear mine long like that...it's not too much maintenance as much as it is to get used to it being in your lashes.

11. I don't want them that long I guess. I know I couldn't stand having them in my eyes or eyelashes. I guess a little shorter than that wouldn't bother me.

12. Okay, like I adore your albino gorilla avatar. :rolleyes: At least it's not a baby blue ram.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

well find a sexy she devil than... or put on a duke shirt and hat and snap a pic... than you'll have it. :cheers:

14. As soon as you get rid of doofy/scary looking clown face and Fred gets rid of albino gorilla and yall replace it with your real pics...sure I'll do it.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

she's good at that... :jester::jester:

16. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have pretty much had bangs all my life. Right now, mine are below my eyebrow, but I add a little curl to them, so I can wear then down in the front or sweep them over to the side.

17. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I have bangs and they got long like that...then I got frustrated and cut them myself...:? Now, they are not that great! But, it's okay because Jenny will fix them on Monday if she is feeling better by then. I hope she is!!!! Just keep an appointment to get them shaped up and DO NOT cut them yourself no matter how tempted you are!!:mrgreen: