Need Birthday Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by FrameMaMa, Nov 2, 2010.

1. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Sad to say, my baby, my little blue eyed snuggle bug is turning 13 on Thursday...I can't believe he is turning 13 already!!
    To me he is still the little boy running down the hallway in his jammies and socks, carrying 12 stuffed animals to come snuggle with me on the couch...now he is a rather large bag of bones walking like an elephant to come snuggle with me on the couch..LOL

Anywho!

I need ideas as to what to do for the big 13!!
    We are going to do some kind of party type thing on Sunday the 7th, but we are just not entirely sure what to do.
    Are bouncy houses "cool" when your 13? :lol:

I am so lost as to what 13 year old boys want to do...:?8)

2. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Movies - and money for concessions - instead of goody bags

Laser tag and pizza

Music party... If you have a garage - could do a disco theme....

Indoor golf cart races off of White Oak Rd.

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Fear Factor theme?? Boys love gross / action stuff. LOL

Tag football game or other type of sport he is into

Video Game tournament on his favorite game

4. FrameMaMa

Love the ideas!!

Here is an idea, tell me what you think...

He has wanted an Xbox for a long time now, so we were thinking Xbox with a couple games, burgers and dogs on the grill, sodas, leftover halloween candy, and cake. Friends in the game room playing xbox all day until their brains rot...whatcha think?

Oh and for games we were thinking the ones he is begging for being Halo and Call of Duty? Any opinions of these games?

I was told of a Car stealing game where you pick up hookers and have sex in the car..on the game! Huh?!! really? Can you say, out!:ack:

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I will say that a skating rink party is a good idea if most can at least roll a bit on skates. I'd check with Adventure Landing on Capital in Raleigh. Laser Tag, Go-Karts (outdoor), Miniature Golf and the Arcade.

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

great idea all the way around. Perfect teenage boy get -together.

Halo and COD are big hits with my 14 year old son's. They also love the Star Wars Unleashed games. I said 'no', and still say 'no' to Grand Theft Auto game. the good thing about boys, they require very little when it comes to this. Food, food, and video games....

7. FrameMaMa

LMAO!!
    Now that is very true!!:lol:

8. KellBell

:cheers:

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I like the video game idea. My husband and son are Halo freaks. :lol:

10. FrameMaMa

Ok, so here's another question...

Xbox 360 vs. PS3....which one is better?

11. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Xbox for us

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

the one reason i would go with xbox 360 is that they totally stand behind their game. When the "Ring of Death" came out they extended everyone's warranty to 3 years and have been great about taking care of any issues. PS3 will not extend their warranty even with discovered issues with the system. JMHO (DS filled me in on it)

14. FrameMaMa

am thinking we will probably do the xbox seeing as that is the one that he reeeeeeally wants...lol

There are so many options out there for all these things...between gigabytes, hard drives, wi fi options....Grrrr!!!

Why is the Wii and the Gamecube not good enough? :lol:

I guess I should go to EBgames, and find out...I am pretty sure we still have the "discount card" there too...

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Xbox has the new kenetic motion controller system coming out which from what I have heard is pretty cool. The PS3 is offering a Move version now that uses a remote much like the Wii controller and has the added advantage of being a blu-ray player compared to the other systems.

So based on sytems alone I'd have to go PS3 due to blu-ray and true HD capability. As for games alone that would be a toss up as they both have some of the same cross-platform games and then they both have some great platform only games as well.

16. KellBell

Xbox 360, without question