Need computer help quickly!!!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by DMJmom, Dec 19, 2012.

1. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK...so I'm a little behind and I'm struggling to get something done this morning. Of course it's not going smoothly...

I'm trying to create my holiday greeting cards online at walmart.com. I've done this before with no problem, but today it's giving me a hard time. I took the photo with a very nice camera, and the photos don't look blurry on the camera or on the computer. But once I install it on the greeting card on the walmart website, it looks blurry. I know nothing about resolution or pixels, etc...I called the store, but I have no idea if the woman knew anything. She said if it looks blurry on the website, it's probably going to look blurry on the cards. I don't want to print 50 cards to find out they are all blurry!

I went to Target.com, but they don't do one-hour photo for greeting cards, and I need them today to get them out in time. Anyone have any suggestions???

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

OK, I give up, I'm just going to get some plain old boring generic greeting cards. This is driving me crazy!!!!!! I've gone to 3 different sites and they all look blurry. I thought maybe it could've just been my computer or there would be a way to change the resolution, but I have no idea how and I have no time........Not a great way to start my day, thought this would be easy!

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

You open the photo in paint, resize it, say by 25%, and save it as a new photo. Try to upload that way and it might not be as blurry.

4. hhicshg

hhicshg Well-Known Member

Do you have any software that you use to create your own cards for anything else? I know the ink might run a bit more than you want to pay but I have done my own for years. I made beautiful birth announcement/thank you cards when one of my grandchildren was born and I made some great thank you cards for my retirement gifts complete with a collage of pics from my party. I have always loved doing the cards and things.