Need help getting rid of pine straw

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by amyg113, Mar 27, 2008.

1. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

My husband and I bagged 24 forty gallon bags of pine straw last weekend in our yard, and there's still a lot more to be raked up. I need to find out if there is any business or individual who would be interested in taking it off my hands. I don't necessarily even want to sell it - I would just like for someone to come to my house and haul it away for their own use. Any ideas would be much appreciated...

2. ready2cmyKing

ready2cmyKing Well-Known Member

I'd be more than happy to take a few bags off your hands. :)

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

You can try composting.

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

pile it up at the end of your driveway, through the weekend, put a big sign saying FREE PINE STRAW, bet it'll be gone in no time.

5. Clif

Clif Guest

Better yet, put a sign up that says $5/bag. Either someone will steal it thinking it's valuable or someone might actually pay you. Either way you get rid of your pine straw, and you might even make a buck or two.

6. I know I need lots and lots of bedding material and just can not afford to by any right now. I know i would be willing to take it all of your hands

7. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

I'll go ahead and plan to be home Saturday morning if anyone wants to come by and get some bags. My number is *edited*, call me if you're coming out and I'll give directions, first come first served! Thanks so much for taking this off my hands.

Also, be forewarned there may be some leaves and sticks mixed in. Sorry, we don't sort our yard garbage. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Will you be home Friday? We would be interested in getting some too. 8)

9. cheapo

cheapo Member

Pinestraw

We would love to take some off your hands and/or even rake up. What area of Cleveland are you located?

10. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Heck, I would have helped you rake it, if I werent two weeks away from gettin' married ... (wedding planning! Ack!! *panic*) I enjoy raking, and could always use some pine straw!

11. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

bandmom, I won't be home today but my husband will be. You can call me at *edited* and I'll give you directions.

I'm located in the Allen's Landing subdivision, off of Allen Rd.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  12. Clif

Clif Guest

Pardon my butting in, but it's not really wise to post your phone number for the world to see. If I may make a suggestion, if you need to give someone your phone number, it should be done through a PM.

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thanks Amyg113! We took most of it off your hands, but we did leave about 7 bags for other 4042er's. Told your DH if no one comes, we can come back and get the rest on Sat/Sun. Your little boy is so cute!!! :lol: Thanks again!

14. amyg113

amyg113 Guest

Thank you for coming by to take it out of our yard! I'll let you know if there's any left after tomorrow. We will be doing more landscaping over the next couple of weekends, and I'm sure there will be more bags to be had - I'll post if there are. Thanks again!

15. annatinnie

annatinnie Well-Known Member

pine straw

Do you still have pine straw? Hoping to find some for free...will rake!