Need help with a dentist

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Grammie, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

My son is 14 and he goes to a pediatric dentist, he wants to change to a family dentist ( he says he feels weird when he walks in) long story not for a board.. Now my problem is I need one who has patience with nervous kids, He has been going to this dentist for years and still doesn't know he gets needles. I would like a family dentist who will do something like that. He can't go to mine cause mine is old and always rushing. Now if I can find a good one that he is comfortable with the whole family will change. But first and foremost my son has to be comfortable with them and not be afraid. This will also apply to his parents. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well of course, Dr. Riccobene - he is the best in my opinion and there couldn't be anyone more scared of dentists than me. He has seen my son & my grandkids and they all love him. He has the patience to see ya through anything. Good luck and if you call up there make sure you mention you are a 4042er:hurray:

3. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Calamos and Marsh on Hwy 42 close to Clayton was always good with my boys; they started there when my youngest was 11 and he still goes to him as an adult, now 26. The staff there is super.

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I second Calamos and Marsh. We love them and their staff!

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

My daughters are 9 and 10 and actually look forward to going to the dentist. I think that speaks worlds about Dr. R's McGees office!

6. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

Another Vote for Riccobene

Just another note for Riccobene. We go to the 40/42 office. My kids are 8 and 10, and the staff is wonderful with them there. Also, the office is open on Saturdays until 1pm, so you can make appointments for Saturdays.

7. MWB

MWB Member

Clayton Smiles - Dr. Zombek on 42 before Guy Road is really good.

8. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

I highly recommend Dr. Mullen - he's on 42 near the DMV office. Just switched my 18 y/o there & he really likes him too. He's a young dentist who graduated from UNC Dental School (he was in a large practice but has been on his own several years now).

The man has patience to spare as I had to my first (and hopefully only) crown plus replaced a broken filling (different visit). I'm terrified of needles in the mouth & told him upfront I was scared. His truly did not hurt. He numbs the area with that gel stuff and goes real slow and talks you through the whole process. And I had to get numerous shots because I cannot take novocaine. He never once got frustrated when he would have to stop and re-numb me.

I cannot say enough great things about him and his staff...585-7321. He participates with several insurance companies too!

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Second that. She makes my son feel at ease...well, that and a bit of nitrous oxide.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

QFT...Best dentist I've ever had. The entire practice operates with a Patients First! mentality.

11. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I wrote them all down and will be going to check them out.

12. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Ditto Calamos and Marsh. Dr. Emrich is awesome!