Need ideas & FAST!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Gift ideas. Okay, we are now officially the parents of 10 kids. We leave for Bulgaria Nov. 2nd to pick them up. Gift giving is customary over there. So, we need gifts for caretakers, orphanage directors, 2 doctors, driver, translator, etc. They always receive scarves, wallets, etc. I would like something nice yet not expensive. Something different than the usual. It's costing us thousands to go over so really have a tight budget. Thanks to the help of 40/42, we collected many school supplies to hand over as donations to the orphanage kids. Right now, need gift ideas. Nothing heavy as those crayons folks were way heavier than I thought. LOL. But, really need some good gift ideas and know you all are great resources on here. Ideas popping out everywhere usually. Thanks a bunch!

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Maybe something that represents our state...all I can think of right now is Bone Sucking Sauce and peanuts...LOL Lemme think about it!

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

rotfl.................lol.........

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I took inexpensive jewelry, makeup, carbon paper for office workers, socks, scarves and American flags. The jewelry, makeup and carbon paper were the things they really liked. Good luck and have fun.

5. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I like that Sherry. Thanks, Robbie! LOL Sticking with Sherry's idea, Michael's sells cheap unfinished jewelry boxes. They are small and simple. Maybe you could have the kids paint and decorate them and seal them. Add a couple of inexpensive pieces of costume jewelry or some make-up or nail stuff (Dollar Tree has cute nail stuff right now).

Trying to redeem myself...LOL