Need Immediate Help With Cell Phone

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sherry A., Jan 26, 2013.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

My Droid Straight Phone is not letting me make any outgoing calls. I have turned it off and on several times and it still will not allow me too. Anyone have any suggestions? I am desperate...........

Sherry

2. Sherry A.

When I dial out it shows the number and then goes back to the main menu. It never connects the outgoing call.

Sherry

3. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

don't have a droid, can you take out the battery? My IT guy always resets my PC by shutting down and removing my battery

4. Sherry A.

I'm a dumb *** and cannot find the battery but will try my best to locate it on the phone. Once I accomplish this amazing task I will take it out and leave it out for a while. Really, I just am not a tech kind of person and looked for it on the phone earlier but could not locate it. I will try again.

My daughter is across the state and thinks this is hilarious. Not so funny when I am in desperate need of getting my messages from work and all.

Thanks, will report back in the AM.

Sherry

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

look up the user manual for your phone online. that will tell you where the battery is and maybe even show some throubleshooting tips.

6. Sherry A.

I tried that and it did not have any trouble shooting tips. I did find my battery and took it out...........I feel accomplished just doing that. Will leave my battery out all night and see if that helps. I was afraid I was going to break the back of the phone off but by golly the thing just pops off. Told ya' I was not into all this stuff.

Yeah me!
    Sherry

P.S. Maybe I should get a land line for backup? Hum

7. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

When you say you turned it off do you mean that you just turned the screen off or that you actually powered down? Powering down means that when it starts back up you go through the famous Bat Wing and android eye startup routines.

Powering down is one step above "Resetting" your phone. I have to do this once or twice a month with my phone. A complete reset is more complicated and I recommend you go to a phone store for that.

Newer Androids, such as mine, are like the i-phone in that you cannot remove the battery.

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

On my phone you power off by holding the power button in for an extended time period and a question pops up on the screen asking if I wish to power down.

9. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

take the battery out for about 10 seconds and put it back in them power back up. see if that works

10. Sherry A.

Yes, I figured out how to do that yesterday and I tried powering off several times. I got the pop up screen and clicked on power off.

Thanks,
    Sherry

11. Sherry A.

Kept the battery out all night and now I can call out but the call drops after about 45 seconds. I got one of my voice mails and then it just dropped the call. I called my daughter and while talking it just dropped the call.

Looks like I am headed to the store to figure this out. Probably should not have gone with that WalMart Straight Talk Droid phone. Thought I was saving money and have for about 6 months.

Sherry

12. Sherry A.

You guys are going to love this..... I also need a charger. The one I have broke into pieces this morning. Good Lord, Charlie Brown, what a bad time I'm having with this stupid phone. The piece that goes into the phone shattered. Had to take one piece out of the phone while the other was still on the cord.

Never had this happen before. Now, to go around the house looking for another charger. Geez....probably don't need the charger if the phone will not call out and keeps dropping the stupid calls.

Land line here we come. :mrgreen:

Sherry

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  13. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

You could also try to go back to factory settings. Someplace there has to be an option for this.."Restore factory settings"....

14. Sherry A.

Hum, I will look for "Restore Factory Settings". Don't guess it will hurt at this point. I just cannot figure it out. I've been working on it for a couple of days....on and off. I hate it when stuff like this happens.

Sherry

15. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

If you haven't backed up your contacts you'll lose them if you restore to factory settings.... Just saying. That's a reason to go to the store to let them help you.

16. Meaninglessphoto

Meaninglessphoto Active Member

Just do what I did. Got rid of the smartphone then went back to an old school type phone. Haven't had any issues in 4 months. My old droid was nothing but a pain in the ***. It kept freezing and just issues kept mounting up.

17. Sherry A.

So glad I have not figured out how to do that yet then. Going to the store in the AM.

Sherry

18. Sherry A.

So, I take my phone to the store today and am told that I have to have my receipt to show I have the warranty. I have my boxes and all but cannot find my receipt. I have to buy a new phone, which ticks me off, I complain and the woman states "well look at all the money you have already saved from having this plan". I go off on her...talking about the time I have spent trying to get this phone working, the lost calls, the time and gas it has taken me to get to the store and needless to say how she is now getting on my nerves.

She starts crying!!! I ask her if she's having a bad day and she says "yes", which I replied to with "so am I and I've been having one since last Thursday because of the phone", which makes her cry more.

Bingo.....the manager is called to the area. I am told that I have to buy a new phone because I don't have my receipt and that when Straight Phone gets back to me to help with my other phone I can bring the one I bought back in for a refund. WHAT!!! OMG!!!!

So, needless to say I have the new phone.......and I cannot place a call. It keeps asking me if I want to place a collect call. I've called Straight Phone and cannot get through because it directs me to some other service.

I have to go back to the store now so they can figure this out. Then when they do I am sure I will get through to Straight Phone who will figure out how to fix my other phone and then I can return the GD phone I bought today.

Anyone have these problems other than me? Am I that out of touch with these things? I am ready to explode and am not going back to the store until I calm a little.

Thanks for reading my rant..............................:banghead:

Sherry

19. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

It must be the full moon. Had a pretty crappy Monday myself. Hope you get it all worked out. Sounds like a PITA, for sure!!

20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Throw the cell phone away! You won't believe the feeling of freedom not having one will give you.

I haven't had one now going on almost 2 years. I absolutely love it! If you want me, call the darn home phone and leave a message. If you can't wait half a day for a return call ..... tuff crap!

My kid tried to buy me a cell phone for Christmas because she hates not being able to get me at a moments notice. I told her I'd just throw it away if she bought me one.

I'll leave the matrix connection to the sheep.