Need input on corny sayings

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

How's that for a title? LOL. Alright, every year my kids give my husband a tacky T-shirt for Father's Day as part of his gift. He's always worn it to work the very next day no matter how stupid it is. Some of the past sayings: "you light up my life." Had a picture of a lightbulb w/ kids names as rays of light coming out of it. "From all the hearts that love you." Had hearts w/ each of the kids names. I'd go on, but honestly, it's too cheesy as you can imagine. It is part of his gag gift part of Father's Day and has become more of a traditional joke than anything else. So, we are plum out of corny sayings. If any of you have any corny ideas, send them my way. Okay, nothing inappropriate please. These are kids you know. LOL. Thanks in advance. They fabric paint it all on the T-shirt btw.

stephanie--mom to 7

2. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

When my boys were smaller, I did one that said "Best Dad, Hands Down!" and put the boys hands in paint and their handprints went on the shirt. I think he wore it once to go out to eat or something.

I need to do another one...that was about 7 years ago. The boys are much bigger now, AND we added twin girls since then!

3. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

Any man can be a father, it takes a special man to be a DAD!
    (Saw it in a magazine..)

4. Abdulina

Oh such cool & tacky suggestions. I love it!!! Keep them coming but I do like the ones so far. This may be hard. May have to save some for next year. LOL. Thanks so much for helping me think of some of these. Isn't it fun doing something stupid and tacky? Funny, my kids remember these gifts way more than any of the other stuff we've given over the years. Go figure.

Stephanie--mom to 7

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

How about:

I have # kids and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Or MY dad's fave:

My horn broke - watch for finger.

6. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

CafePress.com has some good tee shirts in general, but I haven't looked at all of the father's day tees yet. You might want to preview it without the kids though...not all of them are G rated!
    I like "Dad by day...Deadly Ninja by night" (or superhero, or whatever you like) and
    "Not all superheroes wear capes".

We did the hands-down shirt one year as well...I still love their little hand prints on it!! :)
    Great idea...and he sounds like a good sport (and dad). Have fun!:jester:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
  7. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

"Best Dad You Ever Saw" followed by a pic of a handsaw. :)

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

"Our Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad"

"This Ad Space For Sale...
    And His Kids Will Make Him Wear It"

"Dad's shirt was white.
    Mom washed it with his underwear again."
    <on pink tee shirt>

9. Abdulina

OMG! You guys are cracking me up!

10. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

With a cut or ripped slit near the side. :jester:

11. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

When mine were little and here feet were much smaller, we made a shirt that said My kids walk all over me! And I let them walk in paint then onto the shirt. I did the writing last so the foot prints wouldn't cover it up.

12. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

THAT was cute...may have to steal that one from you!

13. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I've kept 9 of those Fathers Day T shirts as a record of my daughters foot. I asked for one almost every year since she was five. When she was fifteen she stopped. She doesn't want anyone to know she has big feet.:lol::lol:

It's kinda nice to walk in the closet and pull out the first one and remember.

14. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

I saw a cute t shirt tonight in Khols. It says Stud then had a picute of a muffin. Stud Muffin. thought is was funny.

15. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

They have one in JC Penney that says "My kids have me, hook, line, and sinker" and the childrens names were fish. Or you could do one that says "Dad's Kisses" and put each childs name with a Hershey's kiss. I saw that one somewhere too.