Need my yard cut....any takers

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mordorboy, Jul 3, 2010.

1. mordorboy

mordorboy Well-Known Member

I've had 4 cancellations in 3 days. Amazing in this economy...I can't give my money away. One guy showed up, walked the yard with me...agreed to a price...I walked in the house and about 5 minutes later I looked out and he was gone.

Anyway, my 2 push mowers are in at Griff's for service and my yard is in desperate need of a mowing (weed eating optional)...so anybody wanting some cash, give me a call.

559-7017. I live about 1 mile from the 40/42 intersection.

2. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Did you call this person from the classifieds? "Call Richard Watts at 919-609-1344".

I received a quote from him about 2 weeks ago and he seemed normal. I talked with several others from the classifieds that didn't seem so normal.

3. mordorboy

2 of the 4 came from the 4042 classifieds. I haven't called the person you referenced, but I had a phone call from a guy who saw my posting. He's coming tomorrow....we'll see.

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I live near WJHS and my neighbor and his kid have been doing my yard. They are now also working for a few of my family members. I'll talk to him if you'd like. Very dependable, reasonably priced, and do a great job.

5. blackbearz

blackbearz Well-Known Member

I have an 11 year old boy who would love to earn some money! I will have him to call you in the morning.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Stephens Lawn Care, Honest-Reliable-Affordable 919-291-9319.

7. mordorboy

A fellow named George called me and offered to do the job. He showed up on time, worked his behind off and did a very thorough job. Very reasonable rates. He also does carpentry and home repair, so if anybody wants his contact information, give me a PM.

He is getting married in 2 weeks and seems really happy about that. He welcomed the chance to pick up some extra cash.

BTW...George, if you see this...I got 1/2 the hill out back done today.

8. mordorboy

Blackbearz, there might be some more opportunity in the future as my mowers tend to be persnickety and will probably get behind again. PM me your contact information. He might have called, but I've been getting lots of calls from car salesmen, so i might have ignored it.

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a runaway goat awhile back? He will work for food...and fertilize your yard for free. :jester: