Need notary for Saturday

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Abdulina, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a notary available tomorrow afternoon? It is to sign over a vehicle title to us. If so, please let me know asap. Thanks so much!

Stephanie-- mom to 10

2. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

The UPS Store in the Hwy 70 Wal*Mart parking lot (near the Chinese Buffet).

3. Abdulina

Thanks a ton! Perfect!

Stephanie-- mom to 10

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

They close at 3:00 PM on Saturday. Better call ahead to make sure their notary will be working.

The UPS Store #4727
    901 TOWN CENTRE BLVD
    CLAYTON, NC 27520
    US HWY 70 W, NEXT TO CICI'S PIZZA IN WAL-MART SHOPPING CENTER
    (919) 359-2500
    store4727@theupsstore.com
    Saturday - 09:30 AM - 3:00 PM
    Sunday Closed

5. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I've used the notary services at Bulldog Express, up at 40/42 ... but not sure what their weekend hours are.

6. Abdulina

Thanks all. UPS Store on 70 is open until 3. Just called and someone will be there to notarize tomorrow. Thanks again for all the suggestions. Have a wonderful weekend.

Stephanie-- mom to 10

7. jtm

jtm Well-Known Member

An added FYI (and also in case someone searches for the same topic later, and finds this thread): The buyer does NOT need to have their signature notarized on a title. The seller can sign the title in a notary's presence and give the title to the buyer later.

The buyer's information does not need to be written on the title during the sale. Only when the buyer presents the title to DMV to get a new title in their name.

8. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I usually hate to be a "+1", but +1 in this case.

I used to be under the impression that both signatures needed to be notarized.

Not true.

When you think about it, the state doesn't care who you sell it to as much as it cares that you have the right to sell the property in the first place.

9. IncognitO

IncognitO Well-Known Member

I used the Bulldog Express before for notarizing a car title after my bank would not notarize without the sellers signature.
    Just remember if you sign it and notarize the title, DON'T LOSE IT. it is like a blank check.