Need Pediatrician Recommendation

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by chumphr, Jul 18, 2011.

1. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

Looking for SMALLER pediatric practice recommendation

Looking for a new pediatrician....we've tried Jeffers & Mann as well as Raleigh Pediatrics....but to us, they're just too big...We want a doctor who will truly get to know our child and family. I read great things about Wiles Pediatrics in Raleigh but they're no longer accepting new patients... Any recommendations??? Thank you!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  2. alen

alen Well-Known Member

3. chumphr

chumphr Active Member

Thanks alen! About how long is the drive from 40/42??

4. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I use Kids Care right there off of 40/42.. Have been going there for 5 years... and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!

5. 1pittsburgh

1pittsburgh Well-Known Member

Carolina Kids in Raleigh across from Rex Hospital. 881-9009

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

:iagree:

Been using them since 2001!

7. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

I second Kid's Care...although lately we have not been able to see the provider we prefer. We always get right in a room and are seen on a timely basis unless they are swamped during flu season and such. Staff @ 40/42 office are wonderful, but have had issues with nurses @ Smithfield. All in all, great folks and my kids LOVE Miss Jana!!!

8. alen

alen Well-Known Member

About 30 minutes....off of 540...Falls of Neuse to Durant Road. Very easy drive.

9. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

Yeah that is who my kids see is Miss Jana!!! LOVE HER... And I love me some nurse Janie!!! She is a GOOD friend!!

10. keemom

keemom Well-Known Member

Jeffers, Mann, and Artman is huge and I really don't like that, but it is good that they are always able to get my kids in quickly if I need them to be seen. I absolutely adore Dr. Melton over there....I try to get her as often as possible. She understands all my concerns and took excellent care of the baby when she started refusing to eat at only a couple days old.

11. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Love love Janie!!!! and Lana and Jana and Dr Parker!!! I've never had a problem getting seen quickly either, I might have to drive to Smithfield on occasion, but that may be one out of every 10 times I call

12. LovingLife10

LovingLife10 Well-Known Member

I know you are looking for something smaller, but I have to give a shout out to Raleigh Peds for others who stumble across this thread looking for a pediatrician. My kids go there and see the same doctor at every well visit. Occasionally, they see a different doctor for sick visits. Even so, I feel that their regular doctor knows us very well. He always brings up things we've talked about at other appointments, even when they don't concern our children. The nurse that sees them most often also knows them well and lights up when she sees them. For a big practice, we LOVE the personal attention our family gets there.

On another note, the nurses there are are not tasked with giving shots or doing other simple procedures. The doctor does everything, which some practices don't do.

I do understand wanting your doctor to really know your children and although we have found that at a larger practice, some people do not. I hope that you find a practice that best suits your family! :)

13. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

Kids care-especially Dr Penny Bliss=awesome-grandkids been going to for almost 14 years.

14. emismom

emismom Well-Known Member

we use horizon family medicine on 40/42 dr williams is really good with children

15. He's not a pediatrician per se, but Dr. Dawkins at Horizon (or is it Sunrise?) Medical in Clayton is the best doc I've ever had. He is a family doctor and has taken care of my kids when they were younger. He really takes time with all his patients and explains what's going on and how the treatment will work. Hope this helps.

16. Ksokol22

Ksokol22 Well-Known Member

I use Jeffers, Mann and Artman pediatrics. Our doctor is Dr. Garrish. I am about to switch doctors, but stay with the same office. I do, however, like Dr. Clark. She is very informative and seems to really care about her patients. From my experience with them the last 7 months, I have not had a major problem with them.

17. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

I use Clayton Medical associates at Guy rd and 42. I have been going since I was little. My LO has been going since she was 4 days old. The doctor remembers her everytime.
    A couple of weeks ago I took my LO to urgent care because of her temperature. She screamed the entire time. The next day I took her to Clayton medical and she never cried. They are so good with babies.