Need recommendation for restaurant in Wilmington

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jan 30, 2011.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Hubby and I are going to Wilmington next weekend for the night and I'm looking for recommendations on a nice restaurant for Saturday night. Keep in mind that neither of us eat seafood so we'd probably want a good steak.
    Must be somewhere that we can go casually dressed (jeans and a nice shirt).

So, 4042'ers . . .whatcha got?

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

What area are you staying?

There use to be a nice place near Wrightsville called Bridge Tender; a couple places on 132, and many places (don't remember names downtown along the river).

3. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

In Wilmington on the River. a blue restaraunt with sitting. real nice, nice views. cant think of the name, but almost stright across from battleship.

4. canesfan

canesfan Active Member

Oceanic!!!! Best seafood and great atmosphere. Wrightsville Beach.

5. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

DH and I are planning an April trip down there for our 10th anniversary; planning on going to "Mai Tai" chinese restaraunt. We went a few years ago and they had the biggest, best grilled shrimp I have ever had! I know you said ya'll don't like seafood, but if I remember correctly, they had quite a variety of things besides seafood. They have a website, 'cause I just searched it the other day to make sure they were still open. Maybe you can get some more info off there...HAVE FUN!

6. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

Circa 1922, it's near the river in downtown.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

We're staying at Shell Island Resort, not sure what that's near.

8. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I think that is on Wrightsville Beach. I would say Bridge Tender then. There's also a less price restaurant to the right of the BT that is pretty good also.

9. sacosta

sacosta Well-Known Member

I love the Pilot House located in downtown Wilmington on the river front. They have the best crab cakes ever! I'm not sure about their steaks.

10. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Elijah's!!!!

12. shygrrl

shygrrl Well-Known Member

Elijah's was very good last time we were there!!!

13. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

:iagree: Love the atmosphere there too. Have a great trip!!

14. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I love that place! The beach sort of "ends" there and the view is absolutely beautiful.

15. Allioop

Allioop Well-Known Member

I know a restaurant NOT to go to, but I can't think of the name of it. :lol: It was run by some snooty tooty people who treated you second class if you didn't order wine. It was very obvious. My husband and I do not offend...we take showers. We just ordered sweet tea...oh, the horror. Sorry, that doesn't help you much. I was just ranting.

16. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We like Dockside, along the Intercoastal.

Best place ever, years back, was the Dry Dock. Extra points for those who remember that place.

17. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

The George
    Basics
    Copper Penny

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:iagree: and they have the best bloody marys!!!

19. DeniseL

DeniseL Well-Known Member

If you want something small and cozy with outstanding food, go to Jerry's. it doesn't look like much from outside but wonderful food and very close to where you are staying.

20. DAH22

DAH22 Well-Known Member