Need ruputable Attorney for bankruptcy information please!

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Nov 13, 2009.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

We need to consider all our options. Anyone have experience with a really reputable Attorney?

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have no personal experience but I can recommend one I know who does it. PM me if you want his name and number.

3. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

I can help!

4. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

The Brewer Law Firm-William Brewer
    619 N. Person Street
    Raleigh, NC 27604
    Telephone: (919) 832-2288

No personal experience with it myself, but I did have to see him in regards to my ex filing several years ago and he was terrific. I highly recommend him.

5. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Billy Brewer is one of the best around, IMO.

7. jjganny

jjganny Well-Known Member

David Mills-Smithfield, NC

8. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I really hope it won't come to this but I need all the information I can get.

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Most bankruptcy attorneys will give you a free consultation, ask when you call for an appointment. It's a good idea to have a free, no obligation consultation before you make any decisions.

10. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I've been researching bankruptcy for a friend of mine. There is a ton of information online; some good and some bad. Although I would suggest that you not rely on what you find on the internet, I have found the online information to be good to generate questions for the attorney. Remember the consult is free so make the most out of it. I don't really have a suggestion for you since I have not spoken to any, the only thing I would say is look for one who's main practice is in bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is becoming a daily word so there are many lawyers jumping into the pool right now.

Some information I have leared is:
    Not everything you own is part of a bankruptcy (ie you don't have to lose your house or car). You can, however, sell your house after filing bankruptcy if you need to. Just have to do a couple of steps beforehand. You will be assigned a debt, payment, and term. You can pay off early if funda become available.

Can't think of any of the other questions we came up with (oh so many). In any case, I applaud you for researching before things get to the point where you have no other choice.