Need some.....legal guidance

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by God'schild, Mar 24, 2014.

1. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Situation: 90 year old woman in her right mind with the ONSET ONLY of dementia. Being taken advantage of by family members going to court to become her legal guardian. There is ALOT going on here and not enough space or time to get into it all on here. But suffice it to say, I need some guidance as to where to start to stop this. This is all happening in PA and I know that no one can do anything from down here. But I bet there is some "legal beagle" or crafty individual on here that knows or knows someone who knows where I need to start up there. ;) If anyone can, I would like to talk to you either in person or on the phone if that is ok. Please PM me if you have any info!!!

2. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Contact Wayne stallings. He knows everything. He's quite the knowledgable fella.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Uncalled for. She's asking for help, not some smarty reply.

Sherry

4. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

5. Wayne Stollings

It worked out either way. :mrgreen:

6. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Apparently Sherry's comment was uncalled for, since you could answer.

7. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

I should have known better, but sometimes family members are a bunch of..........:evil::evil::evil: Not only are they doing what they are doing to my grandmother, but they stole from my brother too. mmmmmm Nice group to have any kind of guardianship over anybody, huh? sheeeeesh....

8. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I feel your pain. My family can be total JERKS so I choose to live 800+ miles away from them.

9. C me Now BMM

See you felt the need to bring your uncalled for reply and you were wrong. You of all people shouldn't of sold Wayne so short. Think before you reply next time.

10. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

Do they have an adult services that you can contact there? Maybe they can check it out or give you advice.

11. Wayne Stollings

Yep money can make even family do stupid things. When my mother passed away her mother added my name to the account she had for her inheritance. I tried to convince my grandmother to spend my share on somehting she wanted or would please her. I especially tried to get her to visit her sister in CA whom she had not seen in years. My grandmother was afraid to fly so I was tried to convince her to hire a driver and van to take her and bring her back, but she would not. Later when my uncle took over as guardian due to dementia setting in my account turned into about enough for a good meal at a nice restaraunt. It was because the care was so expensive, except the medical bills were covered by Medicare and the retirement insurance, the nursing home was covered by the social security and retirement income, and there was no other expenses for her.

After her funeral I drove passed my uncle's to see a brand new tractor, hay bailer, front loader, hay rake, hay trailer, plow, disc, and backhoe attachment. I was impressed that a retired school bus driver could save that much money during his retirement. My wife wanted to have it contested, but it was not worth it to me. I could sleep well at night knowing I did what I could for my grandmother. I hoped my uncle could sleep too.

12. C me Now BMM

Ok,, this one made me chuckle. Sorry for the loss of your mom and grandmother

13. Wayne Stollings

Thanks, if I could not laugh about it I would cry, but neither changes things at all.