Need Suggestions and Referrals

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by magnolia, Sep 3, 2006.

1. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

Okay guys, this is where networking comes in... :)

My daughter is going to be turning 16 soon and we want to throw a party for her. Nothing fancy...just friends and family. But I really need some suggestions and referrals.

Needless to say, money is tight and we need to pull this off as gracefully as possible without spending a small fortune.

We'll need the following:

* Space for the kids to dance
    * Music source (local band or DJ)
    * Room to prepare and serve finger foods popular with teens
    * Room for parents and family members to gather and chat
    * Security(?)

I'm concerned about security simply because this will be an invitation only event and the last such event we went to was crashed by uninvited and undesireable kids from a nearby neighborhood.

Any and all suggestions and referrals would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

2. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Have you considered renting the Pather Branch building. It has plenty of room and a kitchen and I believe it is very inexpensive.

3. magnolia

magnolia Well-Known Member

No, I haven't actually. What is the Panther Branch building? Do you know where I could find contact info?

Thanks so much for the suggestion!

4. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

You might PM Steve ( I am not sure if he visits "The Discusion Group") or some of the othr DJs, they probably know most of the less expensive nice places.

5. P.B. bldg.

The Panther Branch Community Center bldg is located in Wake County. Go up 50 Hwy towards Garner, go past Turner Farms subd. , take a left at the next stoplight at the BP station. This is Ten-Ten Road and the will be a short distance on the left. Don't know about contact info.

6. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

You may also wanna consider the Heather Hills Clubhouse..I dont know pricing but it is nice...Located on Aversboro Rd in Garner
    For SECURITY, I would ask some of the dads of some of the kids invited..I am sure they wouldnt mind making sure there kids stayed safe and had a great time.
    Thats about all I got..Good Luck! :D

Auxie likes this.