Need to have a window replaced in the house??

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by scbuff, Mar 6, 2010.

1. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

Wondering if anybody can recommend somebody that replaces windows. The kids got a little rowdy one day and put a crack in one of the windows which has gotten worse since then.

I used this one guy years ago from garner/raleigh and I feel i got ripped. I wouldn't think it would cost 200 bucks to replace a piece of glass that was 6 inches wide and 3 feet long.

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Go to Lowe's and have them cut you a piece that size. Then get the glazing that holds the window in in the paint dept. Easy DIY unless it is double-pained.

3. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

thanks... This one is actually a double pained one that is part of a section that slides up/down...

4. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Clayton Glass & Mirror (919-550-0109) - They are located next to Clayton Food Town on 2nd Street in Clayton. Todd Stutts is the owner.

5. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

Prestige Auto Glass for certain!!! Trust me on this one. I had a window replaced when my boys threw shoes at each other. URGHH. Anyhow, he came over, saw what was needed and got the job done. Excellent service and great job. And remember, this guy had to work w/ 7 kids pestering him w/ all kinds of questions...patient man as I would have never answered all those questions--LOL. Quality work. This happened in the summer and no problems whatsoever. His # is 553-1165. Good luck.

Stephanie--mom to 7

6. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

How old is the window? It would be cheaper if you just order the entire sash and put it in yourself.

7. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

I agree with Pestige -- Derrick is the owner and will do you right!

8. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

There is a member here called Aglassnut. Not sure if he works on auto glass or home, but he helped me once via PM and he's very knowledgeable. If he doesn't work on home glass then I'm sure he can refer someone.

9. Breezy18

Breezy18 Well-Known Member

RAleigh Glass and Mirror

They are located in Lake Wheeler Road in Garner. I believe there number is 779-5880 but you may need to check.