Needy family wanted

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bettyboopfan, Dec 17, 2007.

1. bettyboopfan

bettyboopfan Member

Does anyone out there know of a family that needs clothes shoes etc. I would rather donate my things to someone that needs them instead of giving them to the salvation army and letting them resale them. Please let me know

2. iDidIt

iDidIt Well-Known Member

Just be wary of anyone who contacts you named Ricky, Lynn or Kristy. They are scammers.

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Do you have sizes you can tell us?

4. Clif

Clif Guest

You do realize that the Salvation Army uses the money it makes by selling things to help those in need, right?

Salvation Army, GCF, and other donation based thrift stores are a good deal all the way around. The charities don't need to try and locate a person who happend to be a size six because they have a dozen size six coats someone donated. Th charity instead sells the itms to us, who get a good deal, then they use the case to help those in need with specific help. After all, you can't eat a faux fur coat no matter how much gravey you pour on it.

Those in need get help and we who shop there get a good bargain.

Yep, a good deal all the way around.

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Or if your items are new/gently used, we have 3 families who might be able to use them through our 4042 Christmas Angels program. Could you let me know what the sizes are?

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I didn't see this re-post. :x

7. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Calm down HG, it's Christmas!!! :mrgreen:

8. harleygirl

I go through the threads backwards. :lol:

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

10. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

11. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

You were gone in a flash!!! And no binder? Wow. I almost didn't recognize you without it.:lol::lol::lol:

12. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

You also get a tax write off!!

13. Clif

Clif Guest

For those that see it as important, sure.

My own philosophy is that, if you get a tax write-off you aren't really donating it, you're selling it.

14. harleygirl

Some people NEED tax write offs :lol:

15. Clif

Clif Guest

I said the philosophy was my own. If you don't follow it, or have your own philosophy, that's entirely up to you.

16. bettyboopfan

bettyboopfan Member

I have sizes 8 through 12 and shoes 81/2 to 91/2 scarfs gloves. I agree with the salvation army thing just to let you know if it were summer I would take everything there but I figured there are family's that need these clothes now and I don't care if I get a tax right off. I only want to help someone that needs help and could take some burden off of there shoulder since it is Christmas and the 4042 area is a big family and always looking to help others. So again if anyone knows of anyone who needs clothes and shoes please contact me at 868-0443. The clothes consist of shirts, sweaters, pants, scarfs etc Shoes are all kinds

17. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Have you checked with Basic Needs Ministry? They give direct assistance to people in need in our community. If they know of someone who needs the items you have, they can give it directly to them; if not, they can put the items up for sale and use the money to buy something people need.

18. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

me to ... and I start from the bottom and work my way up reading op's.

19. harleygirl

I've got some stuff going to them on Friday. :mrgreen:

20. bettyboopfan

bettyboopfan Member

Thanks I will try that. Everyone have a Merry Christmas!