Netflix via Wii

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by HidesinOBX, Aug 4, 2010.

1. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried accessing movies via their Wii? Just wondering how all that works. Any tips?

2. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

We do the Net Flix via the Wii. Super-easy to do if you already have your Wii set up with wireless. You have to order the disc from Net Flix- took ours about 2 days to arrive. Once you have the disc, you just put it in your Wii, and follow the instructions- it comes with a code that you have to put in the first time. Once it's set up, you just have to put the disc in the Wii when you want to watch a movie and use your Wii controllers to make your selections. We have found that it's easier to put movies in our Instant Queue on the computer and then from the Wii all we have to do is select from our queue. They don't have every single movie available to stream, but still a pretty good selection of movies and TV shows.

3. HidesinOBX

Thanks, I appreciate that. Going to check that out.

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Yep.. same as lovetherascals said. Very easy to set up as long as your Wii is setup for internet access. Because using the Wii remote can be tedious sometimes, it is easier to put the movie in your instant queue from your computer and then just use the wii remote to select the one you want. I'll get more out of my monthly Netflix fee with this option.

5. J34

J34 Well-Known Member

LOVE IT. much better than the netflix we can access with out blu-ray b/c you can search. the kids use it a lot too.

6. HidesinOBX

Is there something I have to do to set up the wireless internet through the Wii? If I turn on my Wii, will it give me instructions to access via the internet?

7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

8. HidesinOBX

Thank you so much!