New bar opening in Benson

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blusdrmr, Aug 28, 2006.

1. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Hey, folks,

Just wanted to throw something out there for you all.

My Mom is getting ready to open a new bar in Benson on 301. The name of the place is FAT RATZ. For those of you who know where the old Pineview Rest. was, that is the place. The way I got there the other day was to take Hwy 242 and then take left on Hwy 301 and it is about a mile up on the right. They will be opening on Labor Day weekend with two bands. They will be having live bands, karaoke and a DJ on a regular basis on different nights of the week. Sunday afternoons will always a day for live entertainment outdoors (weather permitting). They have yet to set the entertainment for the other days until they see what days will work better for what they have planned. The live music will consist of Rock, Southern Rock, Country and Blues. So, if you know of any bands that would like to play there, have them get in touch with me at blusdrmr@yahoo.com.

FAT RATZ
    1908 Wall St
    Benson, NC
    919-894-1420

Check 'em out and tell them Billie's son sent ya on over.

Spread the word!

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

That's the old Tally's resturant... Right? Well more recently Don's Seafood.

3. suez1112

suez1112 Guest

Who are the owners of this new bar? What bands will be there this weekend for Labor day? Is it going to be a biker bar like Last resort?

4. blusdrmr

Similar but not quite as rowdy. Last Resort has had a bad reputation in the past. Now, don't get me wrong, things can change.

The owner is my Mom, strangely enough.

The bands playing the grand opening on Labor Day Weekend are Mr. Blackwell and Sumosha (I don't know if I spelled that right). I did not book these two bands but they will be going through me for the future bookings since I have been doing that sort of thing for over five years anyway.

5. blusdrmr

Nope, its the old Pineview Resturaunt.

6. Ecugyrl

Ecugyrl Well-Known Member

It used to be the old Pineview Rest, then Tally's, then Don's.

7. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

yep that's right.

8. blusdrmr

My Mom booked Sumosha. She realy likes them. What I don't understand is why Tony would leave them to play for a band that is going nowhere, fast.

9. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Changed? We have been going to TLR before the new ownership and have never had a problem. The biker comminity is a very tight knit group. We are there almost every Sunday and have met some of the nicest people you could ever meet. I have NEVER seen a fight, a drug deal, etc... just music, dancing and cold beer and lots of "flashes" :lol:

10. kookookacho

Blues - we really got work with you on keeping your foot from going in your mouth.

I mean each person is entitled to have their own opinion of anything but I was about to say the same thing as Harley... the 2 times I have been to the Last Resort have been pretty good and never seen ANYTHING outta the way. Granted I ain't a regular but Hubby use to that same place even back when it was I think Shirley's to shoot pool and it has always been a pretty decent local bar back then.

I mean it isn't a swanky place as say, the blue martini. I mean, it's a biker bar... what do you expect? Black ties & ball gowns? :lol:

11. blusdrmr

There has just been a few things happen that I know of that I know that most businesses would not want to happen. Not putting my foot in my mouth at all. Not saying it's a BAD place...just some bad things have happened.

OK? Good.....

12. blusdrmr

Tony is awesome! One great bassist and one cool dude.

He is playing with your old drummer.

13. blusdrmr

Checked with Mom on your birthday party and having Rebel Son there that night. She is cool with it so far. First thing is to see how much they charge. There is a budget, ya know.

14. kookookacho

blues... bad things can happen anywhere. Good :wink:

15. blusdrmr

LOL!! With all of the people you and I know, it's not wonder it does not get us alot quicker.

Might want to check with them to make sure it is open before we make the decision. Also, check with them to see what the cost would be.

16. blusdrmr

Just so you know, because of the weather, the grand opening is going to be tomorrow, September 2. Sumousha will be playing in the afternoon and a DJ for the evening crowd. Mr. Blackwell will be playing on Sunday afternoon/evening.