New Building at White Oak Crossing

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by jAYj, Jun 4, 2008.

1. jAYj

jAYj Member

I looked briefly and don't see another thread about this. I'm wondering if any of you know what is being built beside Chili's at White Oak Crossing.

2. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

There is a thread about this somewhere...It's a little plaza, not sure what's going in it except for an AT&T store. If you drive past it on White Oak you'll see the drawing of it.

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

There's another new building down near the Target/Wendy's. Anybody know what that one is?

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

At one time I was talking with the girls at Anfesa's Jewelers in Garner, and they had mentioned they were going to be opening a store and moving to White Oak Shopping Center. This was late last year, and I'm almost sure I recall her saying it was going to be an outparcel, kind of across the road from the Theatre... maybe thats it?

5. colinmama

colinmama Guest

I only know this because my father in law took my son to look at the construction vehicles (he's 3 so they are really cool) and he asked the foreman. It's going to be.......drumroll please....................................a TGIFridays.

Edit: it's the building next to the Chili's.

6. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I've been told that it's a TGIF's. It sure does seem to be taking them a long time to build it though!

7. gillac

gillac Well-Known Member

Yes, it is a TGI Fridays. You can review all the building plans at the Town of Garner's website. I believe the AT & T store is staying in the strip beside BJs. The sign is being reused.

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I remember reading that in a thread a while back, that a TGIF was coming to White Oak. It'll be nice to have another choice over there, I like TGIF's menu choices.

http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=17167&highlight=TGIF

According to what ssmm posted, the address is 1100 Timber Drive east on the TGIF's building permet, that would make it the spot near Wendys/Target? I think anything over by the Chilis would either have the Shenstone Blvd addy or White Oak Rd., depending which way the front door is facing.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  9. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

its about time we have something different :)

10. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Hmmm

I could have sworn he said the place next to Chili's but maybe I heard him wrong. It's going in somewhere over there :)

11. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

To heck with all these restaurants, I want an AC Moore!!!!

12. rhw7879

rhw7879 Well-Known Member

So whats going over by Target/Wendy's??

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Thats where the TGIFridays is going, not by Chili's.

14. colinmama

colinmama Guest

Yes, I was mistaken. It is over by Target.

15. gary

gary Guest

I really think its about time a bookstore like Barnes and Nobel or Borders goes into Whit Oak. I need to go to Cary or Crabtree to buy a book

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I wouldn't plan on that anytime soon, I believe Borders is just barely trying to keep out of Bankruptcy!

Public Service Message - As I told my wife the other day "Make sure that we do not have any Borders Gift Certificates laying around the house!"

17. Loriana

Loriana Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that Barnes and Noble was going to buy out Borders.

18. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Anyone know why they are clearing land behind Shooters @ 40/42?

19. Gogetter

Gogetter Guest

According to others on this site, an apartment complex is going behind shooters.

20. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Isn't that for the pool?