New Coffee Shop, owners of Aversboro Coffee

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by markfnc, May 18, 2016.

1. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

2. markfnc

I wonder where its going. the article says the space just opened up.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

is the Cleveland community big enough to support 2 specialty coffee shops? Let's hope so.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I must of been asleep, but where is the first specialty coffee shop?

5. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

I asked them on their FB page, haven't heard back yet.

6. markfnc

http://www.soap-hut.com/

It could be this place. i looked at Google Maps and this was the only "coffee" place i saw. Peddlers Village. I don't remember seeing it.

7. CraigSPL

Honestly not sure but based on this quoted line there is another in the area.

"The Cleveland community has only one other coffee shop, where people can meet and hang out. That shop opened just two weeks ago, said Marlene Hill, executive director of the Greater Cleveland Chamber said."

Rockyv58 likes this.
  8. Straitlover

Straitlover Well-Known Member

In the comments on that article, says this new place will be over where The Clubhouse Restaurant is. The first place the article mentioned is a place called the Soap and Coffee hut, says it's in Peddler's Village. I rarely go over that way anymore because of the traffic, so I can't say anything about that.

9. CraigSPL

Does C3 still sell Starbuck's coffee? And if so wouldn't that technically make 2 coffee shops currently in the area with the new one being the third?

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I know coffee is a religion for some, but is this now technically the "Trinity"? :D

11. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Yea I saw it over in Peddlers village. Never even realized there was one there. Last coffee shop I use to go to was the one behind the Smithfields BBQ. I then use to go over to the Coffee mill, but now there is no where. So I look forward to a good coffee shop to get coffee and relax. I have to go to Garner to the 5th avenue coffee shop if I want to do that.

12. CraigSPL

Actually Wine on Main in downtown Clayton opens in the mornings to sell coffee. http://wineonmainnc.com/

13. HidesinOBX

HidesinOBX Well-Known Member

I have never seen Wine on Main open .....ever...for coffee OR wine. You would think they would be serving coffee at 10 am on a Saturday morning. Ridiculous! I won't waste my time going down there again.