New Guy in town

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Ramjet, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

Héy everyone,

I am pretty new to 4042, originally from upper state South Carolina and have just started to receive my Navy retirement. I'm not really retired yet so I'm still working as a Project Manager. I have just finished my little workshop out back and am looking forward to finding a old hot rod or street rod to work on. so, if you know anyone that has something sitting in the garage that they no long fiddle with, let me know. My brother just finished restoring our father's Model A to original, but my dream car is a 33 or 34 ford coupe. At times I don't think that I'll ever have one.

Well, we have the yard going now and it seems like the grass will be good this year for a change. Just have to find time to do all the other things as well.

To date everyone we have met here in Clayton, 1010 road and Cleveland area have been top notch people. I have had several contractors doing things around the house when I was unable to complete due to my travels and they have all been great. I have been very lucky with really good craftsmen in this area, brickworks, carpenters, hardwood floors, painters and such. I really feel good knowing that we still have such great people in this world that care and don't want to treat you like trash.

SO, THANKS 4042 your posts have been read and well received.....

Ramjet

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

Glad you like the area!! I don't have a car to be fixed up but I just had that conversation with my husband yesterday. I told him that he need to get one to keep himself busy. He is used to working on cars from the 50's and 60's, which is a lot newer then those model A's. Good luck in your search and feel free to post on anything you like..or don't!8)

3. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

Welcome!! There is a great bunch of people here :)

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board, when i moved here 12 years ago i met some of the best friends i have ever had through this board!

5. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard!

6. elims

elims Well-Known Member

Welcome to the area! :cool:

You'll find plenty of good conversation here at 4042.com ... good people with good intent. I think, for the most part, I even like the people I want to dislike. They'll be here for ya if you really need 'em!

Thank you for having served in our Navy!!

7. BuzzMyMonkey

BuzzMyMonkey Well-Known Member

well not that new, you joined and posted in 2007, welcome Sailor, whats a ramjet?? your tool.

8. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

new guy - another comment

Ramjet is a type of Jet engine, first used in WWII, developed by the Germans. I have always has a huge interest in jets, sterling engines, engines in general and high performance electric motors.

Since I lived in Oregon while in Junior High, Roger Ramjet was a popular cartoon out there that I don't remember here in the carolinas, so since my first name is Roger, the kids gave me that nickname. Caught up with me in the Navy and I've used it ever since.

Thanks to everyone that sent me the private messages about the old cars.....Oh, and you are correct, I did register in 2007, stayed here a month, left for 10 months, came home for a month and then left again for the past three years.....ok, maybe more like 4...

9. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

This is a ramjet...

[​IMG]
    (Sung to the tune of "Yankee Doodle")
    Roger Ramjet and his Eagles
    Fighting for our freedom
    Fly through and in outer space
    Not to join him but to beat him.

Roger Ramjet he's our man
    Hero of our nation
    For his adventure just be sure
    And stay tuned to this station.

Come and join us all you kids
    For lots of fun and laughter
    As Roger Ramjet and his men
    Get all the crooks they're after.

Roger Ramjet he's our man
    Hero of our nation
    For his adventure just be sure
    And stay tuned to this station.​

10. Ramjet

Ramjet Active Member

OK, got me, how to you post a pic, all I get is a URL reference requirement...

11. elims

elims Well-Known Member

You can't actually post/upload a picture ... you need to have the picture stored somewhere else and then use a link to point to it. Except for your 'avatar', which you can changing in your profile (UserCP).

12. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

It's a little complicated (and involved).

I've been asking webmaster (through posts here on the forum) to post a sticky that has the instructions, but so far it ain't happened.

First and foremost, the image has to exist on the internet somewhere. 4042 does not support uploading pictures from your computer to the forum. If you want to post a picture located on your computer, you must first upload it to a picture site such as Photobucket.

Once you have selected the image you want to post in the forum, here are the steps:

1. Where ever the original image is located, right click on the image. A menu will appear, select "Properties"

2. Highlight everything under the "Address (URL)" section (usually begins with "http://"). Note, sometimes text is hidden, make sure you highlight all of it.

3. Right click on the highlighted text and select "Copy" from the menu.

4. Navigate to the thread posting box in the 4042 forum where you want the image to appear. Click in the box,

5. Click the "Insert Image" toolbar button above the thread posting box (it looks like a picture of mountains with a sun and a yellow sky). IE might complain about security, but just allow temporary access.

6. In the dialog box that pops up, right click in the text entry box (it should have "http://" highlighted. Then click "Paste" from the menu.

7. Click "Ok". Then, to quote Biggy Rat, "Viola!" your picture should appear.