New Holiday Light Show near Garner

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by pocahontas, Dec 5, 2010.

1. pocahontas

pocahontas Well-Known Member

We used to enjoy driving by a particular home on Ten Ten Rd near Hwy 401 that was loaded with Christmas lights every year. We just drove by it and it had no lights this year so I wanted to know what had happened because I was so disappointed...I knew they were the owners of the Holiday Light Store in Raleigh and it lead me to this link for a new holiday light show at the Par 401 golf course off of 401S between Garner and Fuquay (the home of the hundred different snowcone flavors in the summer :p ) We may take the kids to go see the lights here this year, instead of driving all the way to Meadow, although we do always enjoy the Lights on the Neuse too. Just wanted to share:

http://www.santashayrideofraleigh.com/

2. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks for posting, I would love to go there this year. Have already been to lights on the Neuse last week.

3. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Thanks -
    Does anyone else remember when the light show used to be on Greenfield Parkway? Later on it moved to Walnut Creek, but when it was on Greenfield it was really good. I wish we had that again.

4. Polkadots

Polkadots Well-Known Member

Yep, I remember it. There has not been anything that compares since then.

5. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I remember that too! It was fun to ride through at Walnut Creek. We have been thinking of going to the track at Charlotte or Bristol. They have a great light show synchronized to music (at Bristol), plus other stuff to do and enjoy. Maybe someone should do that at Southern National Speedway outside Kenly. Is that track still operational?

6. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I think it is. There is a light show in Clemmons, near Winston-Salem that is supposed to be pretty good too. The place where the Fear Farm was does it too. We did that one once, that was enough. I thought it was overpriced.

7. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

The place in Clemmons you're talking about is Tanglewood. Their light show is AMAZING. It's 4 miles long with an "Old Country Store" halfway through and a place where the kids (and adults) can roast marshmellows and have hot chocolate. I, personally, think it's better than any light show around here...if only it wasn't so far!

8. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

It was great at Greenfield but too many people protested the religious overtones of it. Thats when Chic-Fil-A pulled their sponsorship of it (when the protests started) and then CP&L took over. When they did that, all the Jesus lights went away and it became the Festival of Lights.

It wasnt enough that if they didnt like it and the theme, then they just didnt go. They had to start calling Corporate and ruined it for everyone.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Admissions
    Children 4 and under: FREE
    Children 8 and under: $4.00
    Students w ID $6.00
    Seniors $6.00
    Adults: $8.00

10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

same people from Holiday Light store, moved their display plus more to the par 3 golf course.

11. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

We went last night. It was good, it is a hay ride through the light show. The ride itself was longer than the train ride in Meadow, but not as many lights. Kids enjoyed it, they also had Santa inside if you wanted to get your picture taken with him, you have to purchase the photo or have it emailed to you.

12. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

The guy on Penny rd in Cary has an awesome display! :)

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

14. 4ME2KNOW

4ME2KNOW Well-Known Member

There is a toy store on 401 in Garner called PB&J Fun Factory. They have these really neat glasses (kinda like 3D glasses) that make looking at Christmas lights a whole new experience.

They have some that will put little stars, snowflakes, or Santa's around each and every Christmas bulb you look at......even around headlights, street lights,etc. . I got a pair for FREE for both my kids with the purchase of another item.

My kids Loved seeing the Christmas lights in a new way........and I Like it too!

I've been following them on Facebook too because they have a different item on sale each day until Christmas. I got some good deals! It's a really neat place and they have a big boys and girls toy room too with pool tables and arcade games for purchase.....if I only had the room for stuff Luke that!

Anyway....check out the store and get some of those glasses! I have not seen them sold anywhere else.