New laws for 2010

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

New Year Ushers In A Number Of New State Laws
    A number of new state laws have taken effect with the start of the New Year. Among the state laws that went into effect on January 1 include a requirement for attorneys to now state their names in a will or codicil, new rules for child care facilities, an individual can no longer be denied unemployment compensation solely because they work part-time. Former law enforcement officers with 15 years of experience may now be exempt from some parts of the requirements for a concealed handgun permit. Health insurers will now be required to cover the diagnoses and treatment of Lymphedema.

Local governments must adopt a code of ethics for governing boards and members must be educated on ethics laws. Several environmental laws have also changed or been modified. Among them are requiring electronic reporting to the state of blood lead test results, clarify the fee structure for food and lodging permits, and repealing a requirement seasonal state park employees must wear a uniform vest. One act seeks to improve the water quality in the Upper Neuse River Basin, promote water use efficiency at commercial car washes, while one new law will make improvements in the absentee voting laws.

Law enforcement will have better ways to increase enforcement of DMV Handicap placards if they are used after they are expired or revoked. And persons performing lead-based paint renovation work in certain housing and child-occupied facilities must now be certified. On January 2, a new law takes effect banning smoking from restaurants and bars.

http://www.wtsbradio.com/

2. THANK GOODNESS THE SMOKING IS BANED.

3. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Wish they would outlaw the use of all caps.

4. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

...and the non-use of spell check.

5. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: :cheers:

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

The smoking law is as commie as it gets and I don't smoke.

7. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I so agree!!! But the smoking BAN is so uncalled for... Like in bars.. I mean come on! You go to a bar to do what? DRINK!!! Like that is not going to kill you?

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

That and creating Sockpuppets

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

When a person has been told nicely that the use of all caps is perceived as shouting, and politely asked to stop, and he responds by saying he always uses all caps and continues to do it, I have to assume he intends to annoy people.

10. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

I understand the smoking ban in bars. I'm in there trying to get drunk so I can drive home and have unprotected sex with a stranger, and somebody's blowing smoke in my face.

11. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You Tiger wanna be

:mrgreen:

12. cynadon

cynadon Well-Known Member

naw, actually, its off Bob and Tom. Forgot which comedian.

13. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Na, you may not know it but this man is a spy. He's a undercover agent for the GOP. And he's been sent down here to infiltrate the Ku Liberal Klan.

He's a friend of them short haired, neo-type, conservative nags! I betchya he's even got a Palin poster tacked up on the wall inside of his garage.

He's a neo-con pain in the ***, I tell ya guys, he may look dumb, redneck, and the product of incest, ..... OK, it's not a disguise ...... but he's a mastermind in the ways of 'spin' espionage.

Would you believe this man has gone as far as tearing Obama stickers off the bumpers of cars. And he voted for John McCain for President.:jester:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Is this where someone kicks you in the knee? :lol:

16. toby3290

toby3290 Guest

you guys are funny. I needed this first thing this morning