new license plate law

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Nov 20, 2009.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

http://www.wtsbradio.com/

2. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

why not redeign the plate. stupid intrusive gov't.

3. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Way too simple.
    My pet peeve is all the tickets they write for auto windows that are too dark. Duh, do you think they could ask the driver who tinted the windows and then go to the business and fine their buttts? That stops the problem. But I guess that is a too simple solution!

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Now you know anything that is has a simple solution the government is not going going to do it. They have to go about things the hard way to make themselves "look smart" and make it apprear that they are "really doing something". Too many things the government does, there seems to be simple solutions for, but... They got to show something they are spending our money on, even if it doesn't make sense. :roll:

5. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Just as simple of a solution is to not use frames that cover so much of the plate. Why is it the government has to change when it is the user causing the problem?

6. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Mark your calendars, people! Today I agree with Ima Sheltie.

7. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Why do that. This is just another money making scheme by goverment

8. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

well that is stupid. who the heck is gonna tell who put the illigal tint on the windows. not so simple. think about it...

9. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I would agree with legislators on the new law if the state wasn't trying to be equally confusing and make money off of it. The DMV has probably three or four dozen plate designs and some of those designs look NOTHING like the standard-issue plate. If law enforcement has a hard time distiguishing the familiar "FIRST IN FLIGHT" plate just because the lettering is partially obscured, then one can only imagine the difficulty reading those that support the NC mountains, the coast or any other that do not share the red, blue and white, typical NC pattern.

Its time to cut those plates out and stick with FIRST IN FLIGHT plates with only exceptions for those that are either personalized or bear a limited-edition emblem to the side sort of like those Carolina Panther or NASCAR plates.

10. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

exactly

11. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I marked it ;)

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I thought this was already a law - or at least common sense?!? I mean, if you can get pulled for having expired registration....