New low cost spay/neuter option coming in Aug

Discussion in 'Cat Dog' started by ljk, Jun 16, 2008.

1. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The open date is supposed to be Aug 18th if all goes well!

The SPCA of Wake is opening a spay/neuter clinic for the public!!

Rates are (at this time);

F dog $45
    M dog $40
    F cat $35
    m cat $30

This is JUST the spay/neuter surgery. If you get your animal spayed here you can also get Rabies vax and yearly shots. (I dont know the prices for this off hand) You cannot however just go for shots.

Anyway, keep this in mind and maybe you know someone who can use this service. (I am going to start trapping strays, so if you kitty comes home with a shaved belly and you live near me....):lol::lol:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  2. le

le Well-Known Member

Sign me up for a trap too please!

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I'm not kidding, I did it years ago!! I am thinking of a spiteful way of putting a donation envelope on their collar saying "Yes, I am now spayed, and the donor would gladly accept a donation, please insert money and throw me back outside. I am sure to go back to her house anyway!!" :shock:

4. le

le Well-Known Member

That is hilarious. Better get yourself a small piggy bank. :?

5. rcmommy

rcmommy Well-Known Member

Thank you for this info!! 8)

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Cool! Our pup should be old enough by then.

7. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Which SPCA? Johnston or Wake? Or am I asking a stupid question b/c there is only one SPCA? :lol:

8. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I de-Tommed 3 Tom Cats in my neighborhood over the past 5 years. I got tired of seeing them all beaten up from fighting over females and territory. They were always roaming and showing up on my porch looking for food because their owners were either lazy about feeding, or they liked my cooking better - lol I had pretty much a 24 hour buffet happening here. My old female (she's approx 17) she's indoor/outdoor and never leaves the yard - she's sort of a porch cat - She'd bang on the door and rather than come in when I opened it, she'd look over her shoulder at some torn up Tom and give me that "Help Him" look. It made me nuts, so I just made appointments for the mobile spay/neuter, went out early in the AM, put a few morsels of food in the carrier and shut it behind them. Dropped them off, then picked them back up and let them sleep it off on the porch, if necessary and off they went.

I always wonder if their owners ever noticed a difference.

9. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

There are two - unrelated though

She's talking about WAKE :)

10. le

le Well-Known Member

Nice to wonder but we all know better.

I once vetted a neighbor's cat who had a severe eye injury after a fight. I walked him over just before the vet appt to let the people know. They had no idea about any fight, the condition of his eye nor a vet in the area. They did however ask that I call and leave a message on their machine with the prognosis after the appointment. In this instance cat over people!

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

<grumble grumble> cats over people lots of days! :?

12. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

oh wow those are great prices. I'm going back and forth on getting my pug done. But, I know I have to get my cat done.

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

LOVE IT!!

14. Cleopatra

And what are the other two mobile ones in the area? One is SNAP I think. And anybody know when the next Rabies clinic is around here?

15. Animal lover

Animal lover Well-Known Member

ljk,
    So the Rabies and the FVRCP cost additional to the S/N? Or are included in the S/N? Will they put in a microchip for a fee?

16. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

They will cost additionally but I dont know the fee yet. I assume they will also offer microchip with surgery as well. (I have not heard that from anyone with authority, but since they chip all their pets I would think so...)

17. Cleopatra

ljk, does one have to be a resident of Wake County to take advantage of this?

18. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I have not gotten my hands on all the paperwork yet, but the way it is being 'billed' is open to the public with no restrictions... so no income restrictions etc... so I would suspect it would be open to all counties.

As soon as I get more info I will pass it on.

19. Cleopatra

Thanks alot, ljk. One more question... any rabies clinics going on anytime soon? I ned to get the Zigmiester updated.

20. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

The Johnston County Animal Shelter will offer a Rabies Clinic on June 21, 2008 at the Animal Shelter on Brightleaf Boulevard in Smithfield from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. :lol:

Wake county did theirs up till May, I dont know of anymore.