New principal for WJHS

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ncmom, Jun 16, 2011.

1. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

http://1270wmpm.com/

2. Tardevil

Tardevil Well-Known Member

and Cleveland Middle...Mrs. McLamb is heading to Central Office

3. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

There has been MANY admin changes this week! Wow!

4. exit319

exit319 Member

Heard Mr. Garland was moving to the middle college too! Lots and lots of changes!

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

This upcoming school year will be my first at West....anyone know anything about Paula Coates, is she from another school??? I see she is coming from Archer's Lodge Middle School....

:allears:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

me too, granddaughter's first year there and i was wondering the same thing
    :allears:

7. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

I had very positive experiences with Mrs. Coates at Archer Lodge. She went above and beyond to help my youngest son when he became very ill in 6th grade. We spent quite a bit of time back and forth to UNC Children's Hospital and she and his teachers helped us to keep him on track so he would not lose a year. He ended the year healthy, happy, and with good grades and that is due in part to her help and support. I am sure there are others who will have various opinions, as there would be with any administrator in JC Schools, but I found her to be very easy to work with and responsive to my concerns, calls, and emails. Given what I have read here about the outgoing principal at WJHS (and that is all I know about her), I hope parents will give Mrs. Coates a chance to improve the atmosphere there for students and parents. It cannot be easy to walk into that situation and I wish her the best.

8. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Do I need to slap you? "have" I'm gonna tell on you. :jester:

Sherry

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

LOL Typing faster than I can think! :oops:

10. rdp

rdp Guest

Mrs. Coates' agenda first and foremost is to do what is best for all students and to create a positive and supportive learning environment. She also has strong ties to the WJHS community. I say this as an educator with over 25 years of experience who has been privileged enough to work with her for several years: you will not find a more caring or competent leader to take the helm of WJHS.