New restaurant in place of Pizza Inn

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Apr 9, 2013.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Was driving by there today and the signs says: Hibachi Grill and Co
    anyone heard of them, or know who's opening it? hope it will be a good place to eat! :)

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Here are some reviews about the one in Fuquay Varina.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/hibachi-and-co-fuquay-varina

3. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

There is a Hibachi Grill in Smithfield. It has a buffet and is much larger than the old Pizza Inn place at 40/42. We were not impressed after 2 visits and have not returned. The location at 40/42 must be a Hibachi Grill Express unless they are enlarging the space. There are other Hibachi Grill locations in the Triangle. I vote to bring back Pizza Inn. Probably to late!

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Hibachi Grill in Smithfield is fine with us. We'd be happy if they opened at the old PI place.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Isn't there an Hibachi Express or some such up at White Oak near the Hallmark store?

6. I heard that it's going to be a Six Flags Express...

7. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

There is a quick Japanese place there, but I think it's called New Japan Express.

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

It will be hard to beat Yummi Japan in the 'express' hibachi market, IMO.

9. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

:iagree: ... wish we had a "LIKE" button!

10. singlemom2

singlemom2 Active Member

My daughter & I noticed that yesterday. She said she has been to the Hibachi & Co. in Fuquay & she says it's good. Will have to try it. 8)

11. C me Now BMM

C me Now BMM Well-Known Member

Maybe I will give them another try.. its been a good while but last time there I had no desire to get back there.. it wasn't good at all comparative to what they usually put out.

12. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

I picked up dinner from Hibachi & Co. tonight and it's delicious!
    I've been to the one in Fuquay several times and am never disappointed. In my opinion, it's way better than Yummi. But that's just my taste buds.
    I hope they stay a long, long time because we need more places like that.

13. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Can you dine in?

14. Judge Smails

Judge Smails Well-Known Member

You can dine in, and they had a decent crowd while I was there.

15. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

heard a couple of people last night say to avoid it like the plague. That it wasn't worth wasting time on.

16. Lawnranger

Lawnranger Well-Known Member

The place was packed at lunch today! Hibachi shrimp for $5. It was tasty! Glad to see other choices around here !

17. oggsmash

oggsmash Well-Known Member

Yeah +1. I tried some things from the new place, and IMO, they will not survive with Yummi right down the road from them. No comparison, Yummi is much better.

18. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

Went for lunch today and it was good! They have remodeled and it is nice to eat in. I haven't had Yummi Japan, so I can't compare. Love the $5 specials, they have one each weekday just like Fuquay. Try it!

19. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Dinner tonight..we'll be back there.

We like the setup and ease of ordering. Cheap lunch specials M-F. We ordered the shrimp, steak, chicken combo which included drink and salad. Self service for drinks.

Food was delicious, and the shrimp were NC shrimp, if I had to bet on it. Manager came out and brought us a comp serving of cheese wontons with some pepper jelly. Food was not overloaded with onions (+1 in my book). Rice was excellent, and the carrots were out of this world. Mushrooms and zucchini was also flavorful.

Asked Manager if they offer Gluten Free options and he went to find out, and asked us to wait. He was back in a jiffy with some GF options, so we'll be able to bring all of us back.

I'd say it was as good as YJ, as I recall YJ, and for the huge amount of food, it was a value.

We'll be going back again.

20. 2not2

2not2 Well-Known Member

Where is a "Yummi Japan" in that area??? I go to the one in Smithfield...didn't know there was another one @ 40/42.