New Voting Rules - Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hught, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

This thread is intended to let you know of some of the new rules that may impact you the next time you try to exercise your right to vote.

If you plan to degrade this post with petty politics, please don't. Go to the Political Pit, we even have one thread going on right now at http://www.4042.com/4042forums/showthread.php?t=38028.

6 changes in North Carolina's election rules that can affect you:

1. A new voter may not register and vote on the same day. Be sure you're registered at your current address at least 25 days before the election day.
    2. Early voting has been cut from 17 to 10 days, so if you are like me you may need to plan your timing.
    3. No straight-party voting, you must mark your choices in each race on the ballot.
    4. No out-of-precinct voting on election day.
    5. Photo ID's are not required in 2014 or 2015 so do not let that keep you from exercising your right to vote. They might ask for a photo ID but they legally cannot keep you from voting.
    6. Starting in 2016 you must show a photo ID to vote inside the polls. Curbside voters with a disability and voters using mail-in ballots don't need a photo ID.
    for more rules see www.ncelectionconnection.com

2. Palisade

Palisade Well-Known Member

Don't you dare post anything in support of the new voting rules or Hught will have you ejected from the 4042 forum.

He can post political threads outside of The Political Pit, but no one else can.

3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Discussion is different from being informational, and supporting or opposing views on the new laws should be in the political forum while the informational posts and questions relating to the current voting should be here.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Thank you Hugh. One or two of the items you posted I did not know about.

Sherry

5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member

As someone who doesn't visit The Political Pit, I can't tell which side of the issue Hught is on from that post, so I think he did a good job in making an informational, non-political post.

6. Palisade

Well aren't you special.

As someone who spends most time in "The Political Pit", and knowing what political side of the bread Hught butters and, finally, add the fact that there are no elections on the horizon that such a public service announcement would be apropos, I can see the politicizing that Hught is posting even if you can't.

But my post was more to Hught's forbidding of any opposing points of view. I just found it very arrogant of him and re-worded his announcement to better show how I read it.

7. bridgett

bridgett Well-Known Member

Thanks!

THANKS so much for the info, Hught!

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My pleasure!

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

How is there an opposing point of view to actual fact?

These are new laws that are going into effect. Period. Here is another one for you:

Just so everyone who drives a plug-in electric vehicle, in 2014 you must pay a $100 registration fee in addition to any other fees.

Care to provide an opposing point of view?

10. Palisade

I would, but there are two problems.

1. I agree with it so I don't have an opposing point of view.

2. Even if I had an opposing point of view, I'm forbidden from posting it by request of Hught.
    "If you plan to degrade this post with petty politics, please don't."​

11. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

Most civil people can have an opposing point of view without degrading a post with petty politics. Hught was just nicely asking, so to speak, to direct your petty politics to the Political Pit where it belongs. Is that so much to ask?

12. sirputz

sirputz Well-Known Member

it is for Palisade who takes everything literal.

13. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

HughT was posting a fact. He doesn't care if you agree with the law or not. In fact, no one does. He was informing those who don't know of it and who do not read the Political Pit.

Why are you so bent on being so purposefully thick about things like this?

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Geez, thank you.

I used to think you were crazy, but now I can see your nuts!

15. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Information posted.

Information read.

Thread closed.

amirite?

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Bump - Reminder May 6th is the First, and hopefully only, Primary Election day this year.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

18. Sherry A.

19. Sherry A.

20. Sherry A.

Early voting sites for Johnston County:
    Church at Clayton Crossing
    JCC Cleveland Campus
    First Baptist Church (Smithfield)
    Archer Lodge Community Building
    Benson American Legion Building

You can vote at any early voting site in the county. Not so on election day, when you may only vote in your precinct.