New washer?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Steeler_Fan, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Anyone buy a new clothing washer recently? I just purchased one this past weekend, it nothing special, it was around 450 bucks. It gets the job done, but it very loud. From what I have read other people have the same problem with it being loud. I should have researched more, but a weekend of company and no washer = a lot of wash. Wondering if anyone purchased a new washer in the last few months that not loud, but also kept the price under 500? I really don’t want to have to spend 1200 to have a washer that is not loud? The one we just purchased is a Whirlpool

Thanks

2. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Got one at the Sears outlet/Kmart 401 in Garner. 375 and change. Quietest washing machine we've ever had.

3. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

What type did you get? Not sure if we can return it now or not, I know we can exchange it.

4. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

GE model. Actually one of the least expensive models they had. The snarky salesman verbally slammed it saying nothing that GE builds works well or lasts. I know several A10 pilots who fly a GE Turbofan engine who would disagree, and more vocally, us ground troops who have benefited from the Warthog being time on target.