New Year's Eve - Need Restaurant Ideas

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Clif, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Clif

Clif Guest

Those of you who don't already know, I'm dating my first wife. It's a long story, and I am in the market for a double-wide, but I digress...

At any rate, New Year's Eve is our original anniversary, and I'd like to take her out to dinner at a nice restaurant. Since it is on New Year's Eve, I'll probably have to make reservations.

I have tried Carrabba's, but they don't take reservations. I tried Ruth's Chris, but they're apparently already booked.

Any ideas?

It should be located no farther than Cary or North Raleigh.

Like I said, I'd like a place that will take reservations, to make sure that we'll be set for New Year's Eve.

Personally I'm not into seafood, but she is. So, I'd prefer it to be something other that seafood, but if it is a seafood place, they'll need to have a nice chicken (or steak) dish as well.

Indian food is right out of the question. I tried it once, didn't like it at all.

Above all, though, it has to be a nice (and hopefully romantic) place.

Well, any of you romantics at heart care to help a guy out with an idea?

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

18seaboard?

www.18seaboard.com

Now, the nosy part. You are dating your first wife? That's cool!

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Angus Barn!

4. Clif

Clif Guest

Yes, I'm dating her. After I separated from my second wife, I called my two (adult) sons (who were living in California at the time) to ask of they wanted to hang with me for a while. They came out and their Mom followed a few weeks later.

She didn't have anything going on back in CA, so she thought she'd see what she could do here. The original idea was for her to stay a few weeks, get a job and move out on her own. Then one thing led to another and we're back together.

5. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Clif, you think you're redneck?

My Mom and Dad have been married to each other twice. My Mom's favorite joke is that she was wife #1, wife #3, and will be wife #5.

And they live in my doublewide.......

BWAHAAAAAAAAAAA

LOL

But anyway, the resturant.... How about Chop's?

6. Clif

Clif Guest

Looks good.

Where's Chop's?

7. harleygirl

CHops? On the corner of Cleveland Rd and Shiloh

8. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Charlie Goodnights and you can catch the show too

9. arogronjomom

arogronjomom Well-Known Member

10. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

18seaboard is a excellent restaurant.
    I also would recommend Mo's Diner (919-856-0980) in Raleigh. In the old city market area. Excellent food in old renovated house. You can't go wrong here if they are open and not already booked.

11. harleygirl

Michael Deans?

12. Beezor

Beezor Well-Known Member

Michael Deans is really good!! I don't know if they take reservations, but the food there is excellent. Good luck, and congratulations. Hey you never know where life is going to take you, huh?

13. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

Cliff...that is sweet. I am sure your boys are excited about this.

My husband and I would like to do something for New Year's also and leave the youngins behind. We haven't done anything for 4 years.

Good Luck

14. le

le Well-Known Member

Michael Dean's? Never heard of it. Where is it? What type of food? Any relation to the Paula Dean of FoodTV fame?

15. harleygirl

http://www.michaeldeans.com/

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Aw Clif, so happy for you and the first missus - best wishes to you both.

As for Chops, i would check it out first before planning your New Year's Eve around it, some folks have had less than pleasing experiences and since this is such a special occasion for you, maybe try them out for yourself beforehand.

As for others looking for New Year's happenings, heard it through the grapevine that CDH is planning something but not confirmed as of yet exactly what it will entail.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Congrats Cliff, that is awesome and I wish you the best of luck!! :D

18. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

The Melting Pot is doing a great new year's dinner. (Mordorboy & I go there for our anniversaries :D )

New Years Eve 2007

Appetizer
    Shrimp cocktail with Absolut Peppar cocktail sauce.

Cheese Course
    Fiesta Cheddar or Champagne Swiss Cheese Fondue

Salad Course
    Chopped Caesar Salad Or Mandarin Orange Salad
    (Fresh spring mix topped with a mandarin orange ginger dressing with mandarin orange supremes and crispy chinese noodles.)

Entree Course
    Twin Premium Cold Water Lobster Tails, Medallions of Center Cut Filet Mignon, Garlic and Herb Dusted Ahí Tuna,
    French Quarter Chicken, Teriyaki Sirloin
    Unlimited vegetables and select gourmet sauces

Dessert Course
    Butterfinger Chocolate Fondue Or Amaretto Meltdown

Price:
    $130/couple and $65/adult
    $35/child(cheese, chicken & filet, chocolate)
    plus tax and 18% gratuity

Includes:
    Five Courses of Fondue Merriment
    Complimentary Champagne Toast
    Melting Pot Gift Bag
    New Year’s Party Favors

Reservations are required. Please Call 919-878-0477

19. Clif

Clif Guest

Ok, as much as I would have liked 18Seaboard, unfortunately they were booked for New Year's Eve.

However, I did also like Michael Dean's Seafood Grill, and was able to get a table on 12/31.

BTW, I like the OpenTable.com website that both 18Seaboard and Michael Dean's use. It's cool, you just tell the system when you want to dine, and they'll put up a list of all the restaurants (signed up with them) that have available tables.

20. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

Clif is she crazy? LOL :lol: So very glad for the both of you!