New Years Resolutions...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by harleygirl, Dec 22, 2010.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Well I must admit, I haven't used my juicer very much... but I did join a gym and get use out of my yoga mat! .. need to uh.. get back on that I guess...

Ok... put exercise back on this years list. The eating healthier thing I've done pretty good on, I think.

I have a laundry list of things to add this year...

3. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Definitely take my diabetes more seriously, eat better, lose weight so I can get off the diabetes pill. And use the stupid threadmill and ellipitical I have at home:)

4. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

I resolve not to eat brussel sprouts or swim in the Neuse River.

5. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Kept the 2006 resolution, I got another week before I will know if I met last years!

Didn't make a resolution in 2007 and 2008, so I kept those also!

6. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

Last one I made was about 20 years ago, and that was never to make another one.

7. Lucidity

Lucidity Well-Known Member

I just pickup a new bad habit. Resolutions are for the weak.

8. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I understand the Neuse River thing, but why the hate for brussel sprouts? Is it the global warming they create afterwards?

10. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

My New Years Resolution in 2010 was to lose 90 pounds. I didn't make it...but did lose 78! At least it makes it easy to come up with my New Years Resolution for 2011-finish what I started!

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

thats awesome! Curious, how'd you do it?

12. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I totally changed my lifestyle which included the way I eat. I had to mentally prepare for this and accept that I would never go back to eating the way I did before. I didn't follow any special diet plan or count calories or carbs. I cut back on portions, reduced the amount and frequency of the carbs I had, ate healthy and then as I started to lose weight I added walking. By summer I was walking 4-8 miles a day, even in the hottest weather. Three of my neighbors ended up also walking with me. During the fall I had to cut back to 4 miles and now some hip trouble has cut out the walking totally for right now. But I have not gained a single pound back and in fact am still losing weight, just slower. I realized that I had to lose this weight slowly and change my habits so I don't risk ever going back to the way I was. So long story short, I did it through hard work and determination but I am proud of that.

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Way to go on losing the 78 pounds! I haven't lost that much, but I recognize the achievement and the sense of accomplishment you feel. Biggest problem I've had personally has been overhauling my wardrobe.

14. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Well-Known Member

Wow, that's amazing Luvgoose! A big healthy congratulations!

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Wow, that is awesome! Congrats! Wish I had some self control over my food and the mental state to stick to a healthy lifestyle. I eat anything that doesn't eat me first.!

16. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

That is so awesome - my 2010 resolution was to try to eat healty and exercise though it took me a few months to get in the right frame of mind but once I started I lost 62 pounds and am now running anywhere from 3.5-4.5 miles several times a week. My resolution this year is to lose the last 10 pounds and to seriously start working with the free weights but I cannot seem to get anyone to workout with me - I guess my resolution should be to find a free-weight partner - oh well.

17. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

What gym do you belong to to do freeweights?

18. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Great job! I bet you feel a lot better.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Woo hoo!!!!! That is just all kinds of fantastic!!!!:hurray::hurray::hurray:

20. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

I go to the Planet Fitness in Garner