Nintendo ds question

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Nov 27, 2009.

1. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

:confused: OK, can you use ds lite games in the new dsi? Has anyone purchased anything from www.yesbestbuy.com? They have some excellent prices but I am a firm believer in if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! They have the basic Wii console for $90 and nintendo dsi for $69. Help me out all you super shoppers!!

2. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

I'm not a super shopper but I wouldnt order from that site.

3. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Yes, DS games will run on a DS Lite. The differences are in the gaming system, not the game cards.

4. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

If you do an internet search for Yesbestbuy scam ... you'll find a number of articles that prove interesting.

I am also a believer that if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

The thing about buying from a reputable retailer is that you can also buy an extended warranty that you can have more confidence in. The DSi and the DS Lite work the same, its just that the DSi has slightly larger screens and can browse the web. The DS Lite can not. If you're not interested in that feature, the Lite will serve you just as well and be cheaper.

I have no experience with Wii. I would like to ask someone who knows, though...Do you have to have a Wii to buy the Wii Fit? I was thinking that you do. Pardon my ignorance. I am yet to even buy a MP3 player or download any music. I was riding along with the technology bandwagon several years ago, we hit a bump and apparently I fell off. Now I'm running to catch back up with everybody. :jester:

6. garnet

garnet Well-Known Member

Yes you have to have a Wii to use the Wii Fit. You have to buy both separately or sometimes they sell them as a bundle.

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

Yes you can use the games that you have for the regular Nintendo for the DSi, the only thing you can't use is the Guitar Hero. I got my daughter one cause of the other things that it does. Camera, and music downloads and game down loads as well.
    I also won't buy from that sight.
    As far as a extra warranty I don't do those either. There not as great as they make them out to be.
    Sheri

8. cathy0517

cathy0517 Well-Known Member

Thanks all.

9. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

check amazon or gottadeal.com to find some wii/wiifit bundle deals