No Six Flags, but.....Great Wolf Lodge?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

2. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

They are a cool place, but very expensive. It sucks that you have to stay there to use the water park. The cheapest rooms are usually about $300-350 a night. Even for a family of 4, that works out to over $80 per person per day at the water park. For $80 you can get a season pass to Wet n Wild.

They should allow local residents to use their water park at a discounted rate, maybe on weekdays or certain days.

Auxie and MommyMo1011 like this.
  3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Concord site is only 29 acres while Williamsburg is 77+ acres. So it'll fit! Geographically spaced to be at around 3 hours apart from each other.

4. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

I wonder what site they will choose. My first thought is where the mall was suppose to go

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Most likely southeast quadrant of White Oak Rd and Hwy 70 intersection. Unless they were interested in the old Slim Jim plant site or the Yeargan property at Old Garner Rd and Jones Sausage.

I agree that it is a real cool place to visit. Kids love it, but hard to imagine spending that much money on a room when you live down the road. Main purpose would be tax and tourism revenue.

6. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Slim Jim Plant. Is that the old Con agra plant?

7. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

I get deals for rooms for $159 a night all the time. For a family of 4, that's less than $40 each and you can go the day you check in and the day you check out. So if you stay one night, that would be around $20 a person per day at the water park, plus a hotel room.

Auxie likes this.
  8. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

yes

9. jesse82nc

jesse82nc Well-Known Member

You mean the southwest quadrant? The southeast quadrant is where best buy, kohls, the movies, the apartments, etc area. the southwest quadrant is a 250+ acre vacant piece of land waiting to be bought/developed.

10. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Yes, my bad.

11. Auxie

Auxie Well-Known Member

Check their Web Site. A few of their places are half that. It depends on the location (state).