No Sound

Discussion in 'PC Help Desk' started by pcroom, Oct 14, 2012.

1. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

I was getting rid of some files the other day. Now, I have no sound. Maybe I deleted the wrong thing. I'm a novice on this computer. So, if you think you can help, keep it simple. Thanks, Pat

2. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

We'll need to know the specifics on the pc?? ....... You know, all that stuff that helps geeks help you?

Or I could type the list of the 25 possible solutions that would fit all PC's and operating systems. ......... NOT!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

While you might have accidentally deleted files that might prove to be sound drivers, it's entirely possible that it's an unrelated coincidence.

Before you start looking at the harder stuff to fix, try checking the easy (and easily overlooked) stuff first.

Check your speaker wires, Make sure they are completely plugged in to where they are supposed to be.

Check the volume knob on the "main" speaker (if there is one)

Check the software sound level (click on the speaker in the tray, make sure the level is above 0% and the mute is not on).

The first two may be moot, if you have a laptop, of course.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Just go to the trash can and restore all items.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

If you guys keep going you'll have all the top 25 typed in no time! :jester::lol::jester:

6. RickH

RickH Member

Go into "Settings / Control Panel" then click on the icon for "Sounds/Audio Devices" and click on the tabs "Sounds" or "Audio" and see if anything appears unchecked that should be checked or, you can also click on "Troubleshoot" for your soundcard under the "Hardware" tab. But, if you haven't emptied your recycle bin, like another post said, restore everything and try that first.