Norris Road Middle School - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Kelyel, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

I have seen the signs. (to oppose the new Middle School)

Opinions?

Issues?

Pro/Con?

2. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Reading their Facebook page now - "No Norris Road Middle School!" (Group)

3. kevinsmithii

kevinsmithii Well-Known Member

It seems these days no one wants change in their part of the world. Perhaps everything may not be perfect with the choice of location of the new school. We have elected people to make these decisions. Unless we are willing to run for these offices and come up with alternatives we should respect thoses decisions. I have no tolerance for people that can not adapt to change.

Hught likes this.
  4. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I know a new middle school is needed. It needs to be on this side of the county. Due to costs it will need to be in an open area, not an area that is developed already.

5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

But they already bought the land, at less than anticipated, markfnc, and the cost of construction is set (more or less), so I don't understand why it would need to be built in an open area due to costs. The school system has managed costs well, imo, with having a standard plan for building most schools and keeping land costs lower than budget. I have no dog in this fight, just curious as to why you feel an undeveloped area on that side of the county would be better. As for the placement, that is what you have to contend with when you live out in the county. With open space comes the possibility that someone will want to develop their land around you. It could be worse. A hog farm came within a mile of my husband's family land many years ago, amid neighboring opposition. The owner likes to spray off the lagoons on weekends and holidays for spite so we may all be reminded that we lost.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/clayton-news-star/article23828980.html

6. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

My description is where they bought the land. they made the right choice in my opinion. where do you think it should go?

7. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

I think it should go where it is needed, neighbors or not. I replied earlier b/c I thought of undeveloped as no homes near it. Just getting clarity on your original post. Thanks.

8. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

A pretty silly NIMBY argument. I didn't realize the opposition was from those near it. I thought it was from folks in Clayton whose kids will likely get redistricted to the new school.