Not sure if this should be reported or not . . .

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, Jun 8, 2015.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I have my prescriptions with a local pharmacy in the 42 area. The last two times I have picked up my medicine (in the drive thru) and paid with my debit card I have noticed that they scribble something on the little pad where the customer would normally sign. They never ask me to sign for a) my prescriptions or b) my debit card. This last time I asked the girl if I needed to sign anything and she winked at me and said, "I got it for you." They do always give me a receipt and it is always correct.

This does not seem legit to me. I remember having to sign twice in the past when picking up medicine. Once for the insurance company and again for the debit transaction.

What do you guys think?

2. poppin cork

poppin cork Well-Known Member

I think I'm the only one that needs to sign for me.

JCoRes likes this.
  3. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

It sounds like they are using some type of retained signature application, which defeats the purpose of signing both for a prescription and a debit card. I would be tempted to at least discuss it with the pharmacy manager as it would be possible to have significant failures of security with that system.

4. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

I would call and let the manager know. They can go before the Pharmacy Board for infractions like this. uh oh

Sherry

5. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Sounds as if they're just initialing the "NO" check box of the the "Do I wish to be counseled about this medication by the pharmacist?" question.
    If the Rx is not controlled/scheduled, there's generally no need for a signature.

Kelyel and dreamsncharms like this.
  6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

When I asked about why I had to sign twice for a prescription, I was told by the Pharmacist that one was for the insurance claim they filed and the other was for the payment. The security set up for the system they used did not allow for importing of the signature except at that specific time so they could not use the signature twice. This was back before the change in the medical records system that requires the patient to also sign in now when visiting an office.