Novo Nordisk Expansion

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Hatteras6, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Novo Nordisk, a global healthcare company and leader in diabetes care, today announced a $73 million expansion of its Clayton, NC manufacturing facility to accommodate increased production capacity for the Company's insulin delivery devices.

The initial expansion will create 205 new jobs, including 85 in the Novo Nordisk Clayton facility, which currently produces a number of products, including the Levemir® FlexPen® (insulin detemir [rDNA origin] injection) and other products for the entire diabetes portfolio. Novo Nordisk currently has more than 420 employees in Clayton who oversee the full production process for six different diabetes treatment products, from formulation through packaging and distribution. The expansion will include the addition of two final assembly lines, two packing lines and building refurbishment.

2. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

We have been seeing an increase in business at work in the process of Novo gearing up for this growth.

3. Quincy8Boy

Quincy8Boy Well-Known Member

I sure wish I could get my foot in the door there or Talecris (validation/commissioning). A 10 minute commute sure would be the hour commute to Merck north of Durham.

/Bernie Madoff says hi.

4. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

anyone know the best way to get hired by these companies? I know there are courses to take at JCC development center, which are best? i feel this is where the most secure jobs are right now. any info is welcome. thanks

5. CraigSPL

Don't know about Novo, but I know that at one time Talecris wouldn't hire anyone with out going through Manpower. I know that unless we are hiring for a specialty position here at work, we do the same......go through an employment agency that is.

6. Hatteras6

Craig, would ESC not qualify for placement for those positions?

7. CraigSPL

Honestly as the ESC isn't as strict document wise as some of the employment agencies I would honestly say no.

Example our employment agency does all the checks for us including but not limited to legality, drug testing, criminal back ground. etc.

8. Hatteras6

Thanks for the response, Craig. I have seen some ads placed by Talecris and Novo in the past. As a former Novo person, I was aware that Novo formerly went through many agencies, including ESC.

9. kodiak kid

kodiak kid Well-Known Member

Best way to get on at Novo is via novonordisk-us.com...register, and check job openings every Wednesday or Friday for site Clayton. (the two typical job posting days). Complete the Bioworks course at JCC, and have a squeaky clean background...

I have been at novo for 4 years and even turned down a job at Merck due to the commute alone ;-)