Now it can be told.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tukasiya, Mar 26, 2013.

1. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

2. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I agree! How hard is it to stock Cinnamon Life cereal? After repeatedly finding an empty shelf where this cereal is supposed to be, I asked a sales associate if there was any in the stockroom. Lo and behold! He discovered there were quite a few pallets full of them, just that no one has bothered to stock it in weeks. Do we really have to seek out an employee to remind them that they should be doing their job? Frankly if management people were not so busy walking around with those headsets on, they may actually notice the work that so obviously needs to be done!:p

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

It is part of the reason why the WalMart business model is not sustainable in the long term.

4. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

Define long term genius.

5. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

I live with a long time Wally Mart employee. It's all about the pay structure for management and that fine line between employee costs and the profit line. They don't care if your upset, their wallet isn't.

Walmart will continue to draw the low-margin bottom line with its core customer base. Even with poor service and poor available stock. Walmart has tried appealing to higher-end shoppers to buy higher-margin goods and it's never been successful. Poor people don't complain when it's the cheapest price available.

Their motto should be, "If you want elitist attention, go to an elitist store.":jester:

6. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I really didn't think that would be an ambiguous phrase, but let me qualify it for you. While Wal-Mart has been around since the late 1960's, it's unbridled growth only took place in the last 15 - 20 years. The only thing that makes Wal-Mart successful is that continued growth, which in the long term will be proven to be unsustainable. I think we are beginning to see that now. They will reap what they sow.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Wait...who let the troll out of the box?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

in Mexico I find them doing just the opposite. Autual awnings over your cars in the parking lot and selling motorcycles in the store.

It was the most bizarre thing, I took pictures so I could show them to my wife.

9. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Funny that you mentioned Mexico? They're in deep dodo down there.