OK IT people....

Discussion in 'Jobs Network' started by ServerSnapper, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

I was bored in my retirement.

I started last week lookin a job. Started work today. The jobs are there. Just look fer um.

2. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Seriously where did you look? Been going through dice and monster and gotten to the point of looking on craigslist. Being unemployed is really freaking starting to tick me off.

3. ServerSnapper

I posted my resume on careerbuilder and monster. Thats it. I average 9 calls a day from recruiters.

4. But it's more funner to blame Bush and sip 40s.

5. ServerSnapper

I blame no one but the bill allowing jobs to be sent south and over seas. Name who youonto. Good people are sitting home while these very large corps are saving billions by farming IT over seas.

6. Which bill is that? NAFTA?

7. Rockyv58

Updated Monster and Dice back in January.

Congrats to you. Hopefully work will be coming soon to me as well.

8. Rockyv58

I've seen too many jobs go over seas. Not only IT but also MFG. I know a bunch of guys who had come over from India to do work on IBM projects. They'd come over for 6 months then go back to India.

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think IT would be right up my ally... but I don't have the patience for school. I am much better "hands on". Being an addict... I may as well get paid for it!

10. ServerSnapper

Yes....and I dont talk politics anymore. So leave me out.

11. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

IT is DEAD unless you are Indian, especially if your experience is heavy into the IBM mainframe technologies. Even the jobs that you are likely to find these days are short-term contracts.

12. Oy Vayayay

Oy Vayayay Well-Known Member

I can't resist.... What exactly does India have to do with the North American Free Trade Agreement?

If IT can be outsourced like that, then so can anyone else. They tried to do it here in PA with the nurses, and they only succeeded in unionizing the nurses. If only IT people would do that.....

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I agree, that treaty, to the best of my knowledge only applies to North America. And I sometimes steal Canadian Jobs as a result of it (at least that is what Canadian Immigration said to me as the denied my access to their country again Yesterday, even though I spent the whole week there last week).