old cell phone

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Rockyv58, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can donate an old cell phone? Its about 7 years old and been collecting dust in a drawer. I had heard some commercial about donating it for our soldiers. But I do not know where to bring it to.

2. ZUMBAbyMARIE

ZUMBAbyMARIE Well-Known Member

Great question. I'd like to know the answer too. I have several at my house. I even have one so heavy it would pull down my pants.

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

4. Suzie Q

Suzie Q Well-Known Member

Yeah just drop it at any AT&T store. It's a great program!

5. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Lions Club was collecting phones and old eye glasses at the State Fair.

6. Grammie

Grammie Well-Known Member

Agree with AT&T also the domestic violence.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Good timing on this thread, I had 2 phones I was ready to send back to Sprints recycling program.... instead I dropped them off at the AT&T store down on 70. They are going right to the program that recycles, repairs and makes them reusable for our soldiers overseas. The gentleman said it didnt matter the make, model or service that had been on them they would go to good use!!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  8. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

You can take them to any Recruiting station they will get them to the right people. . They can also be dropped off at any AT&T store. also the K-mart stores take them to be donated . The Good will also uses them for the needy and the Salvation army is a good sorce. the Lions clinic is a scam as far as I am concerned. I have worked for them in the Raliegh area. They did not seem to care about anything but makeing Money and Hireing the Mexicans to take our jobs.
    The best bet is to be good to the Vet's.
    Thank you for your support. Just another Vet.

9. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I was at the VA today. they have a Box in the loby for cell phones for the Men and Wemen over seas and they also get prepaid phone cards for the cell phones that they cant get to work..Stop by any VA sub station / walk in clinic or the local Va hospital. also I just found out that any Recruiting station will take them with Gratitude.

Oh yes my spelling stinks. Yhat much I know.

10. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Is it analog or digital? If its analog, it's a paper weight nowadays.