Optometrist At 40/42

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Candace, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Candace

Candace New Member

I would like to know anyone's opinions on Optomitrists here at 40/42 and Clayton. Specifically Oasis behind Dairy Queen and Clarity Vision in Clayton. I've been to MyEyes at 40/42 and they were good,just not a big selection of frames.

2. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I love Eyecare Concepts beside Firehouse Subs in Clayton. Dr. Wilkins is the only 1 I see.
    (919) 553-8181

3. Gigi4

Gigi4 Member

4. Emma Caroline

Emma Caroline Well-Known Member

I would not go to Eye Care Concepts in Clayton. I did not see Dr. Wilkins, I saw the other doctor. We had a change in insurance so had to find a new eye doctor. My main complain was that my contacts had become so uncomfortable. They changed the brand but it did not help. Four visits in, I decided to look into laser surgery because I am just not a glasses person.

First visit with the Ophthalmologist I was diagnosed with ocular rosacea. I simple antibiotic was all I needed. I was so irritated that I was not diagnosed earlier.

I did move forward with laser eye surgery and Highly Recommend Dr. Smith with Triangle Eye Physicians

5. 1_more_PitBull

1_more_PitBull Well-Known Member

I have only seen Dr. Wilkins. I followed him from Smithfield. Sorry you didn't have good luck with them, but sounds like that could have happened at any eye doctor.

6. ARedhead

ARedhead Well-Known Member

We went to My Eyes for the first time this year. I wanted someone close so adjustments would be convenient but I also needed a dr that could do extra eye tests related to lupus. I found them to be pleasant, customer service was good. I loved the dr we saw, Dr. Woodworth. Pricing was comparable to what used to be Eye Care associates, can't remember the new name. We'll continue to go and I would recommend them.

I have not heard good things about Oasis. My girlfriend took her son because he was having issues seeing and needed glasses. They completely blew off any concerns. She took him somewhere else and received much better care.