Outdoor Fence

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by justme1970, Mar 4, 2010.

1. justme1970

justme1970 Active Member

I am looking to have installed 6ft privacy fence for my backyard. If you have worked with a company that did a good job and stayed within estimate, please PM me. Thanks!

2. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I would not suggest Stock Building Supply's fence department

3. ahlsmiles

ahlsmiles Well-Known Member

We used Seegars. They were great. I got about 4 qutoes (Seegars was one of them) we took the lowest one and asked Seegars if they would match and they did. We like the Seegars consultant out of all of them but their inital price was a bit out of our price range. The staff and the installers were all professional. Would use them again in a heartbeat.

4. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

We used Seegars as well and they did a good job. Just get the lot surveyed so the fence guys can see the property lines and make sure they are not over and call NoCuts to get your yard marked for underground utilities. Seegars will not put a fence up unless they see the underground utils marked and they know they are not digging in those areas.

Also get them to start on a Mon-Wed. They install the poles first and then come back the next day to do the fence. If they start on Thursday, then it will be Monday before they get back.

5. barney726

barney726 Well-Known Member

6. justme1970

justme1970 Active Member

Thank you everyone!!!

7. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

I've heard of two companies (locally-owned) that do good work. Seegars and B&B Fence. Seegars is out of Goldsboro and B&B out of Dunn.

8. Hotwire

Hotwire Well-Known Member

We just had Seegar's install our fence. They did a very good job. Contact Ken at the Johnston County office.